new iPod games

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mikeabnooy, Mar 3, 2004.

1. mikeabnooy macrumors member

where do i find them? now that i have a $300 mp3 player wouldn't it be nice if i could find some games? i know it's not meant for games... but it has that feature and it'd be pretty darn cool if you get put some NEW ONES in! :D

2. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

You have 4...thats three more than any of us 1st and 2nd gen ipod owners are allowed to have. If history repeats itself, you will not be getting any more games. The new ones will be compatable with the new ipod software only. Meaning, even though i spent $400 on a 10gb ipod with 1 game, the new users who spend $100 less, who get 50% more storage space (15gb), they also get 3 more games than i do.

Keep in mind this is all within one year. (Not to mention features that should have been on the ipod software in the first place, such as on-the-go playlists, and song rating on the fly).

Apple won't release the code for the ipod operating system, so there is no way for any of us to make any. Its great isnt it? Welcome to the world of technology.

3. howard macrumors 68020

howard

probably the only time that i can say this....

I HATE APPLE!

4. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

i hate apple ON THIS OCCASION. Its annoying to think about how little effort it would require them to keep us up to date. I mean, we're the ipod users who supported from the start, and helped bring them where they are today. Is there any reason that we shouldnt be able to build playlists on the fly???

5. Sedulous macrumors 68000

Sedulous

Maybe there is some sort of hardware limitation? It would be somewhat smart for Apple to include more games on the original iPod. The increased wear on the mechanical parts would force people to upgrade sooner. Of course, that plan could backfire because people could be upset that they wore out their 'pod!

6. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

guess what? (once again) I"M NOT COMPATABLE!!! my ipod isnt allowed to have text notes becasue i didnt buy mine one month later! sorry kids. I'm gettin shafted again!

7. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

i was just thinking "wouldn't someone have hacked the iPod by now, so that you could put more games on it?" then i saw Veldeks linkage, BTW thanks for that. :)

hhmmm... looks like that herbet game is some sort of ASCII thing. you play it by going to 'Notes' on your iPod. :confused:

does anyone have that game? could someone post some photos of the 'graphics'? :p

you could also check out a dedicated iPod site. they'd prolly have lots more hardcore iPodders that have got extra games on there somehow.

8. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

It's a pick your path adventure book. There are about a half dozen of these so called new games for the iPod and they are all this sort of thing.

www.ipodlounge.com and www.ipodhacks.com are the places to go to keep up on these sorts of things.

9. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

check it out: http://pochoirs.de/. all you gotta do is google something and ... :D

that sites in German, but if you really want i guess you could make sense of it. i have to keep reminding myself that there's heaps of other good stuff out there on foreign sites (ie. not '.com' URLs).

10. holmes macrumors newbie

i POD GAMES

hey all... i was reading your post's and ive previously had an ipod.... had to return it thou... anyways... I was looking for games and i noticed that http://ipodsoft.com/ has a program called istories where u can make ur own programs... they also have a link where u can DL previously made ones ... http://ipodsoft.com/istories.aspx ... i get my new ipod tomorrow :):) im exited !!! :) :D :D :D :D

11. thejazzman10 Guest

check out this. it seems really cool, and i encourage anyone with an iPod to download this (you get the weather, news, and other cool stuff....and it's FREEEE :D

12. haiggy macrumors 65816

I already have it, but driving directions don't seem to work for me. Everything else is awesome, except for weather they can't find my city. :p