Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CBAviator

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2007
Nederland
Can't say I'm a huge fan of the colors.

But oh well, I just got my (product)RED iPod the other day. Works well and stands out among others too!

kymac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
portland
i decided to see what the colors would look like on the current nanos, and i dont think im a fan ]: esp. the blue. oh well.

Attachments

• nanos.jpg
    nanos.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 297

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
i decided to see what the colors would look like on the current nanos, and i dont think im a fan ]: esp. the blue. oh well.

tbh, when i looked at those colours, i thought blurgh, but after looking at that photoshop, although not incredibly accurate, it reminds me of the minis (colour wise), unsure if thats a good thing, i really liked the blue and green on the currant nanos though.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
I hope with the new color changes that they make it thinner. it's too darn thick to be portable :D lol

chevitron

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2007
Ok, I haven't read ALL the posts, but this is my guess, the new iPod nano will be of a similar form factor as the current (maybe very slightly wider), but with wide-screen and scroll-wheel (no touch-controls for the nano). This is my GIMP'ed rendition.

Think this way, the actual nano has a lot of real estate wasted, so, a) in order to boost video sales throug iTunes, and b) take advantage of a successful form-factor, just enlarge the screen to watch video (turned 90 degrees).

The "new" shuffle will be much more alike the actual nano, but slightly smaller, that is, with a small screen and no video.

Colors, except for the wine (product(RED) is beautiful), look washed out, I prefer the current vivid ones.

Attachments

• ipod nano.jpg
    ipod nano.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 1,093

alexeismertin

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2005
Bristol, UK
upod ipod (putting the sharing into MP3's)

Everytime Apple is about to update a product the expectation is so high & Apple rarely delivers (wifi/bt/touchscreens and the like), the money is on slight shape change, slight colour change & slight capacity change. Get the gist? Think Slight.

(PS although it would be nice to see the grey replaced by a putty colour & the black for carbon)

(fyi - the original article mentions the screen will take up 50% of new ipods)

propropro

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2004
Spain
I think the new colors are beautiful and elegant... as if they were the colors for a new video ipod, not nano... let's wait and see ;)

QFace

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2003
Calgary, AB
Storage Capacity?

Anybody think we'll see an increase in storage capacity to the nano line? 20 gigs would be beautiful (although exceptionally unlikely)

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
At least there is not that horrible orange in there like on the shuffles, don't get me wrong. I love orange, but for that reason I am glad that gross orange is not included.

I'm crossing you off my christmas card list.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
I would be pretty happy if they built in that Nike transmitter to save some space (Shame its not bluetooth) and add some other functionality.

stormdrums

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2007
munich
i don't like the colors too much (product:red would be cool), but i think the colors could be true, because in munich many young girls dress compatible to that color scheme :)

koobcamuk

macrumors 68040
Oct 23, 2006
The new iPod Nano will not have video in it. If you want video, you have to upgrade, that was the whole point of the actualy iPod Nano. A cheap, affordable, little player that has the charm of it's big brother, but smaller, much smaller. With video added in, the Nano will take a chunk out of the real iPod, but if Apple releases a touch-screen iPod, then it takes a chunk out of the iPhone's market. It's a chain, mind as well stay where you are.

God Bless Steve Jobs:apple:

Apart from the iPod is no way out of date, you have a point. Things will change.

bananas

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2007
I think the people who did the mockup were lazy, and just wanted to get the point across; the Nano will be in a smaller form factor.
I think they meant to be like this, which doesnt necessarily look bad..

For my take on the colors; I'd buy one, specifically the wine-red colored one.

your version really looks better. the one 9to5 has looks kind of outdated, maybe it's the white color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.