New iPod Photo

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Jimmieboy, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Hey everyone. My parents just paid for some of my iPod photo 20GB that I'm getting for xmas. I was wondering if I really need a case for it. I acknowledge that its going to get scratched but hopefully not as much as the new video ipods (or ipod with video ) :p. If so can any of you reccommend cases that I can get in Australia? Thanks in advance

2. russed macrumors 68000

russed

i have got the iskin for my photo and i also had the iskin for my 3G ipod. i highly recomend it - it enables your ipod to bounce!

3. gammamonk macrumors 6502a

gammamonk

The iPod photo is basically the same as my 3G, and I've never had a problem with scratching. I have the awesome black case apple used to give you, and I only sometimes use it. As long as you don't do something stupid, like keeping it in the same pocket as your keys, I think you'll be fine.

4. mannix87 macrumors 6502

The dealer where I got my iPhoto gave a silicone gel casing for the unit. it's great for protection against scratches, smudges and minor bumps. the casing covers the click wheel but has negligible effect on the functionality of the wheel. to complete the look and for more protection, i suggest you get the transparent plastic stick ons for the video display.

drawbacks: the increased bulk might make it difficult for iPod from fitting into other casings. plus, the increased friction created by the gel makes it harder to pull out from pockets or pouches

5. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

I'd recommend an iSkin, but be careful with the screen protector. It has the domes on the inside so that your iPod doesn't scratch, but it it still does cause very small scratches.

You're going to be viewing photos on there, you don't want any scratches. So invest in an iSkin-like case, or Ice Creme, a scratch remover that I recommend. It's not so good on my iPod Video's black surface, but it removes scratches from the screen, which is what's most important.