1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

New Ipod Shuffle

Discussion in 'iPod' started by brn2ski00, Sep 2, 2009.

1. macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Does anyone own the new 4GB Shuffle w/ voice commands?!

I have only seen one in the wild, but none for sale in the Marketplace or any refurbs at the Apple Store.

What gives, I love how cool it looks :cool:

2. macrumors demi-god

alphaod

It looks cool, but I think it sucks in every way.

Annoying to use since you need the Apple headphones… A big [small] mess.

3. macrumors regular

I find it funny how people complain so much about the shuffle. (It's the 3rd gen btw)

It does what it's suppose to, play music without a screen with voice control.

If the earphones bother you, get a 10 dollar warranty on the iPod. That way for a whole year, if you messup your earphones, you can return them without a problem.

I have one, and the only problems I found is the choppiness, awkward inccorect pronunciation, and the randomly accented voice overs. For instance, an artist I listen to covers one of his songs in Japanese. The VoiceOver kit picks this up.

So instead of saying:

"Kai-Sui" (in a Japanese accent) "Sonny" (in accentless English)

It will say:

"Kai-Sui" (in a Japanese accent) "Sonny" (in a Japanese accent)

It's also the problem with a lot of foreign artists. (The German accent voice is freaking hilarious, if anyone wants a quick laugh)

4. macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

so I take it you have one?

5. macrumors Core

Dagless

I had one but went back to my 1gb 2G model. It just didn't fit my needs at all. I like the Shuffle for its robustness, but the 3G with its headphone controls makes it feel a little weaker. I much prefer the 2G and when mine dies I'll be hunting for another.

6. macrumors regular

Small, cheap, Its ideal for the gym.. and for the commute on the days where I know I'm not coming home until I'm gished.

I'd buy one.

Hell, I did

7. macrumors regular

Yessir I do.

8. macrumors regular

Loved the 2G (used for two years+) and I like the 3G but the headphones are ********. The first pair broke on my very first workout (maybe water/sweat got in it and shorted it?) and my second one (after dealing with Apple sending out and receiving new ones) just broke mid-workout maybe a month after receiving it.

The play/pause button gets stuck, then the volume buttons don't work, and the songs pause/voiceover randomly. so very frustrating.

**** apple's new shuffle. i'll be scouring for a 2G one because my new 3G 4GB ipod is worthless and i'm over these ****** headphones.

9. macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I love the new form factor of the 3rd Generation, but the headphones can take a long walk off a short pier...