New Ipod Tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Selax77, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Selax77 macrumors member

Anyone think the new video ipod or 6g ipod will be out tomorrow?

2. Mac Rules macrumors 6502

Mac Rules

No............quite frankly, I think most will agree.

The 6G iPod might have to wait until the Macworld show in Jan....

Cheers

3. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

I doubt it will be released tomorrow (but you never know), but I don't think it will wait until MWSF. Probably its own special event or Paris.

4. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

I highly doubt they'd release them tomorrow considering they are practically giving away iPods for free with the Student Union thing :p

5. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

That is a promo to empty stock. Also, they could very easily not include it in the promo. I don't think they will release it tomorrow, but there are no marketing problems with doing it.

6. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

and everyone's still forgetting it's called WWDC for a reason - it's not for consumer stuff like the iPod. there will most likely be a revision in paris or a special event like october's last year.

7. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Except that iPods have been released at WWDCs in the past....(3G)

I do agree with you, though - I don't see them being released tomorrow either (I just think there are too many other things that are in dire need of an update...plus, the main focus of the conference is clearly and undoubtedly Leopard - just look at all the banners we've already seen!)

8. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

3G iPod was released in April 2003, not at WWDC. Are you thinking of something else?

9. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

After all the cr@p that Apple has been through with the French government, it would really be just great for them to announce the 6G iPod in Paris. It seems like to good an opportunity to pass up, even if it is ready to ship today.

10. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I don't think we will see new ipods tomorrow, maybe the day after the back to school deal is over because why would apple want to discount by $180 for a brand new ipod over getting rid of old stock. Even though they did release new ipods before while the deal was still going on.

11. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Definitely iPods are not being released tomorrow because we'd be hearing about it by now from insiders in the retail channel. I bet a model will be released in October and another by MWSF.

12. ahuman7341 macrumors regular

iPod nano was released before the end of the back to school deal last year but it just didnt qualifiy for the rebate.

13. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I'd have to say no on the iPod release. Since the keynote has come and gone.

14. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

No.

If anything is out tommorow, I think it will be an updated iMac or MacBook Pro... But I think we might see that NEXT tuesday.

15. ToastMaster macrumors regular

ToastMaster

I hope there's a new Macbook Pro, because I don't plan to get a new iPod until my 5g goes kaput, but I'm strongly considering getting a Macbook Pro for school...