Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Color

• Total voters

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
I would get Space Gray simply became of the black face. I really dislike white face fronts on electronics and Apple seems to think that anything that isn't a shade of gray needs a white face. That blue is sharp. So sharp that I might have considered a blue Nano if it had a black face front.

I think my last black bezel/face was the iPhone 4? Had white since the iPhone 4S, 5, 5s, 6, and of course the iPod touches. I understand why people like or must have black, but it is true Apple has way more i-Device models with white instead of black fronts. White's definitely easier to find in a hurry!

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I think my last black bezel/face was the iPhone 4? Had white since the iPhone 4S, 5, 5s, 6, and of course the iPod touches. I understand why people like or must have black, but it is true Apple has way more i-Device models with white instead of black fronts. White's definitely easier to find in a hurry!

It doesn't bother me so much when it's on, but I love how when the device is off and has a black bezel, you get a sleek continuous black surface. With a white bezel, you get a white rectangle with a gaping black rectangle in the middle.

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
It doesn't bother me so much when it's on, but I love how when the device is off and has a black bezel, you get a sleek continuous black surface. With a white bezel, you get a white rectangle with a gaping black rectangle in the middle.

I agree, but I also like how it makes a "statement"! Interestingly it mattered less than I initially thought watching movies whether the white bezel would bother me - it doesn't. Reading text on white background however it seems the black might cramp or constrain the reading area more. Anyway, I'm sure Apple has learnt to make more Apple Watches in Space Grey/Black next time!

ackmondual

macrumors 68020
Dec 23, 2014
U.S.A., Earth
I would get Space Gray simply became of the black face. I really dislike white face fronts on electronics and Apple seems to think that anything that isn't a shade of gray needs a white face. That blue is sharp. So sharp that I might have considered a blue Nano if it had a black face front.
I wish the bezel could also match the casing. A nearly all blue, yellow, or red IpT would've been the bees knees!

solmaker

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2007
Just got the Space Grey 64GB... what a beaut! I wrestled back & forth between that and the outstanding-looking Gold model, but I'm glad I settled on the black beauty.

Reactions: LinuXtreme

macmacgoose

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2012
Not that I'm buying a Touch anytime soon (3rd gen still alive and kicking, yeah!), but if I were to, I would choose space grey because of the black bezel. I'd rather choose the gold or silver, but I hate the white bezel.

markovchain

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2015
My MBA 11" is silver bezel and I do not notice any distraction while browsing.

Does the black bezel really make a difference on a phone?

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
If you want a black frame, there is really only one color choice. I find the white frame too distracting to consider it. I wish the black phones had multiple colors too.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Visited the Apple store today, had a good look and play and I am putting the BLUE 16GB iPod Touch on my Christmas list. I really like the contrast of the blue back and the white front. Didn't think much of the gold one?

I also had a play with the Apple watch also, I thought it was laggy but felt very solid and premium but the screen is way too small and so is the text for my eyes. I don't think I would ever own a smart watch because of that. But it also means I would never buy one as an iPod replacement if it had the storage.

Anyway as the new iPod will live in my pocket, is there a stick on armour case that you can buy for it? Or a very very thin rubber one and a screen protector? Preferably from Amazon or Apple online.

Reactions: arefbe

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Red. The fact that it was a Project Red was a nice bonus, but I wanted something a little different.

I wish I would have picked the iPod Touch up first before the iPad Mini 4. The latter is wonderful, but I needed something close in size to a phone without being a phone. And it's much easier to read on too. Go figure, I wanted to go big for that and yet the smallest screen works fine for me. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.