New Ipod Touch Discussion

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aphxtwinin, Sep 9, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

BUILT IN SPEAKERS! Im seriously considering buying another one and handing down my current one to my gf. Discuss everything you guys like or dont like. I also think it looks pretty darn sexy too.

2. macrumors regular

Ha, all the dreams of everyone here smashed so quickly, you got speakers and volume controls, a new look and nike +....enjoy not using GPS, Bluetooth, etc...everything the iPhone has the TOUCH NEVER WILL!!!

I just hope they dont add more now that I made this post :p

update just announced a microphone, cool add

I have to add a few HA HA HA's to all those who predicted crazy things like GPS and Blutetoth

3. macrumors member

LOL, and what are you going to do with the built in speakers? I'm completely disappointed. Nothing new except those stupid speakers.

4. macrumors newbie

5. macrumors 6502a

HitchHykr

I have mixed feelings about it. Disappointed that it's not as revolutionary as I was hopping for but happy that I won't feel tempted to upgrade and expend the extra $$$. I guess I'll wait for rev 3 of the touch.

6. thread starter macrumors regular

ever find yourself without headphones? ever wanna show your friends a song and dont have some sort of dock around you? ever wanna just browse through the iTunes store but dont have headphones or a dock to listen to the 30sec previews....theres a lot of things that the speakers could be used for....i mean whats an mp3 player (or at least a high end one) without built in speakers....

7. macrumors regular

Yeah but really, I mean, the new touch is not impressive at all

8. macrumors 601

t0mat0

The Nike+ presumably might find it's way to the next iPhone. Plus, the integration into new apps will be pretty great. Thinner to boot. A decent show Apple put on.

9. macrumors member

Have you ever find yourself in a toilet without paper? OH MY GOD. Please. How many mp3 players do you know without headphones. And the sound from the speakers is always bad bad bad bad.

10. macrumors 6502

Well said. The external speakers are huge for me. Bluetooth would have been nice though.

-PN

11. macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Maybe, but hardly the huge price drops some were talking about. Still $400 for the 32GB, which is pricey.

Still a very nice iPod, though.

12. macrumors 6502

That may be true but having speakers give users another option. More options = better. :)

-PN

13. macrumors regular

I was soo hoping for a 64Gb version ...

Back to the waiting game. Perhaps a nano???

I am not, repeat not, about to have a phone in my mp3 player.

14. macrumors member

Man, this sucks... My mother's friend just bought my iPod touch for me in Hong Kong last week (I live in Malaysia, it's more expensive here). Any chance she can exchange it for the iPod touch or something?

15. macrumors 601

gloss

Actually, I carry mine around without headphones all the time, because I use it for internet access and organization more than I do for music. If we were talking an iPod nano you might have a point, but the Touch's functionality goes far beyond 'mp3 player'. It's dumb to assume that everyone's going to keep theirs wrapped in headphone cable just in case.

Sound from speakers is fine fine fine if you're using it to show something on YouTube, etc.

The bigger deal here is the built-in volume toggle. Halle-freaking-lujah.

Relative to the previous $400 for the 16GB I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

16. thread starter macrumors regular

if its the same speakers as the new 3G iphones and im pretty sure they will be...it will sound just fine. im not telling you to buy one but its a very useful feature for many

17. macrumors 65816

I thought speaker was a long shot, but I'm glad they got it into that insanely thin device!

Love everything about the new iPod touch, except: don't like stainless steel backing (scratches too easily..now I have to buy a case or Invis. shield!), Volume controls look extremely tiny (might be hard to find quickly), and it might be too thin? I thought the original was too thin and not very easy to hold, but I hope the curved back makes it easier to hold!

All in all, I can't wait to buy this thing! They said available today...obviously not in stores, but hopefully will be in stores soon!

18. macrumors regular

Good - price drop
    Good - speakers
    Bad - no Bluetooth

Let's see what 2.1 brings.
    Fingers crossed for copy and paste.

19. macrumors 6502

I'm happy, now I can actually use it as a PDA for my alarms. I just hope they have some nice alarm sounds for calendar appts. External volume controls is also sweet. I hope we can use the new earbuds as well with the mic builtin for voice recording apps. If we can, it is going to be one powerful PDA device.

20. macrumors 6502a

Dale Sorel

Ever want to piss off whoever is next to you ;)

21. macrumors 68030

TallManNY

How are you knowledgeable enough to post on this board but not knowledgeable enough to check the Buy Guide which says in big fraking letters Don't Buy, Update Soon? Did you think the I Rock theme wasn't going to include an update to the iTouch? Did you think they weren't going to update the iTouch after the updated the iPhone?

Yes, you can probably return it easily as your Mom's friend has probably not opened the box.

22. macrumors 65816

23. thread starter macrumors regular

was wondering that myself...weird

24. macrumors 65816

I hope they didn't mean the retarded MIDI speaker that was in the original iPod touch!

25. macrumors newbie

availibility?

anyone know when the new iPod touch will be available in apple stores?