New iPod Update

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Elijahg, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Elijahg macrumors regular

There's a new iPod Video 1.2.1 update available through iTunes. Apparently, it fixes some bugs.

2. rstorm macrumors regular

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

That's weird my 5th gen 60GB is said to be up to date with "1.2" , are your iPods 5.5 gen?

4. Elijahg thread starter macrumors regular

Yea, mine's the 5.5 gen one. I haven't found anything new or improved. The update did take a few minutes for my iPod to process.

I hope Apple sorted the delay in games when the track changed, you would get a 1-2 second pause in the game while the next track is loaded. It's got two cores, Apple, it should be able to load while playing the game!

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I have an old 5th gen iPod and iTunes told me to update.

I'm not updating yet, I'm away from my home computer with all my MP3s, so if something with the update went horribly wrong, I'd have a 7 hour shift here at work with no music. I'll update tonight when I get home

6. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

That's weird, i'll try syncing again and see if it comes up this time... strange :confused:

7. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Nothing showed up for me in Software Update, yet it asked to update when I plugged in my iPod :confused:

8. Sean7512 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, iTunes 7 handles downloading and updating the iPod software now. It is not supposed to show up in Software Update, because iTunes downloads it and installs it. I guess it makes it a little easier, since now you only need to use iTunes, and not Software Update then iTunes.

9. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Hmm, it might be easy, but it confuses the veterans :p

10. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I have plugged it in again and re-synced and it still says my 5th Gen 60GB is up to date, can anyone else with a 5.0 gen vouge that it works? :rolleyes:

EDIT: I poked around and found that if i manually searched for updates to iTunes the iPod update popped up and asked if i wanted to download and install... silly me :)