New iPod without Scroll-wheels!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by nemo, Apr 11, 2003.

1. nemo macrumors newbie

Software update references "scroll-wheel iPods", which insinuate the news iPods are loosing the wheel!

Here's the text:

iPod Software 1.2.6 has improved battery management, providing the following updates:

Increased playback time on scroll-wheel iPods
    Longer stand-by time for all iPods

Nemo

2. TheT macrumors 6502

...in case you didn't notice: The new iPods (introduced a while ago with 10 and 20 gigs) don't have a scroll wheel anymore; now, they use touchpads.

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yeah they have a touch scroll. the reference to scroll wheel is referring to the first 5 and 10 gig ipods. nothing special.

iJon

4. Riko19 macrumors member

may not be special but a tad of an improvent, very nice design.

:)

5. swahilibill macrumors 6502

put the bong down and get back to your life...jesus, some people are really obsessed about this new iPod rumor.

6. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

lol

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

now now, nothing to be ashamed of being excited about ipods. there are tons of people on this site waiting for these beauties to emerge. i took mine out of my black case the other day after using it in there for like 4 months. it was like i had jus gotten it, i had forgotten how cool looking it was.

iJon

8. The Shadow macrumors regular

iPod cases

I stopped using the black case about 2 days after I bought mine about 8 months ago. I was out walking, dropped something and bent over to pickk it up, and my new iPod fell out of the case and landed on a concrete path!. It was minutely dented but still working.

So then I bought an iSkin which a used for a few months, but was never happy with it as does not protect the screen. So then this iClear transparent cases came out, just the thing i needed. You can put it in your pocket, in a brief case (at work etc) and it's totally protected and looks great!

Hasn't been out of that case for 4 months either (See how quickly I get to the point!). :)

9. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

Re: iPod cases

i dont have an apple one, i have a different one that i can see the screen and buttons. what i did was i wrap the headphone wire around the belt clip, then the ipod cant fall out.

iJon

10. The Shadow macrumors regular

Re: Re: iPod cases

Clever!

I'll do that at the gym, where I was thinking of using the black Apple case again.