New iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by davefan6435, Oct 12, 2005.

1. davefan6435 macrumors regular

who all has ordered it? what color? when do you expect to get it? yes i know steve said sometime next week but we all wish we could have it right now. most importantly what does everyone think of it?

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Ordered 60 GB white iPod today... they say it's supposed to ship in 5-7 business days. I opted for overnight shipping.

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Haha... you also got the nano the day of release, huh? Man am I jealous! :D

4. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

I've ordered the white 60GB model too, I didn't seem to get a choice of overnight shipping though so who knows when it will turn up!

Ships on or before the 21st then it says to allow up to 7 further days for delivery.

Isn't it nice to have a revolving Apple home page..!

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

LOL. Now, if only I could sell my old 60 GB iPod Photo... don't really need two 60 GB iPods. ;)

6. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

I ordered a 60 gig black one today. I figured I would change up the color and get the black one, now to sell my 40 gig....

7. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I ordered a 60GB black one today. I really liked the Nano in black and I hope that I will like the black full size one as well.

8. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

If the 30gb had the same battery life as the 60gb I might have bought one, but I just ordered myself a nano.

9. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

But I thought that the 30GB and the nano both have 14 hrs.

10. xyouxfailmiex macrumors member

xyouxfailmiex

i JUST bought the regular 60 gig ipod photo 12 days ago...called the apple store told them i think i should be allowed to upgrade to the new one...they AGREED...i take my old( :confused: ) ipod back tomorow..get put on alist for when those new ones arrive(store says 4th week in OCT) ...glad i made the cut...if i wouldnt have been able to trade in i would have been a very pissed man

11. crazyjoeda macrumors member

I think the new iPod is dope, I just hope they don't come out with a super awsome widescreen model in early 2006 like think secret says, all though they couldn't predict tomorow today.

Im not going to order one; I think ill go down to the states and avoid Apple's awful exchange rate (its should be $350cdn not $379 :mad: ) and hopfully Canada's sales tax its. :D

I can't decide if I wan't black or classic white.

12. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I ordered the 30GB one today. I went with the white one. I had it engraved, so it may take a little longer than everyone else. What did I have engraved?

"Here's to the crazy ones..."

13. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

I'm going to pay rent & eat this month thank you :p, so no new iPods for me.

The 60 GB black is looking real good for a holiday item though :)

14. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Creative :rolleyes:

15. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I like the new ipod i'm debating between the white or black... i like the black but i'm worried about the scratches and also black? White is the classic ipod color.... so i'm unsure on what color and about the size, i want to see/hold the to, to see how much in size they actually are... numbers don't mean jack to me

16. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Same here. I'm thankful I resisted the sexiness that is the nano, and waited a bit. I'm definitely getting the video iPod. What color though, is the million-dollar question. I think the black one looks more sexy, but if it scratches as easily as the nano, then I might consider going white.

17. Elrond39 macrumors 6502

Ordered the new 30GB in white.... gotta love the white. All I need now is to get my files working in QT.... Being a Windows user sucks.

18. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

I'm glad to hear that and i'm happy that you made the cut...

19. GreeneGirl7 macrumors regular

GreeneGirl7

The Apple site makes it sound like the new 30GB has 20 hours battery life.

20. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I'm bummed they went back to the same sharp corners like the old 1G and 2G iPods. The new 5G will feel like s*** in your hands.

21. iGary Guest

iGary

I was, too. That is exactly what it reminded me of.

22. cheekyspanky macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

The edges look sharper, but the actual metal looks like it has more of a curve to it. Does anyone have the dimensions of the 3rd Gen iPod - I want to see how this new one will compare with my old one :)

23. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Not so, Apple's link and an image for the slightly lazier.

Attached Files:

24. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know it's not all that creative, especially with the recent avatar thing. I wanted something that would be generic enough and yet still have some kind of significance. :)

25. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

That was one of the first things I noticed about it. When I went from my 2nd gen to 3rd gen, that was a really nice subtle design improvement.

After thinking about it last night, I wonder if they had to do that becasue of the larger screen?