'New' iPods at Apple Store for Business

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 11, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

Apple's Store for Business has a "new" flag on the iPod link.

It may simply be a holdover from the previous updates, as the graphic still describes the "new 20 GB model" which was introduced last year.

2. macrumors G3

As mentioned on another iPod thread, a lot of the Apple special stores have never lost the "New" splash on the iPods.

3. macrumors newbie

Odd.

From what I could tell, all the Apple International store sites I visited did not have the "new" sticker.

The iPods were updated some time ago, and I doubt that Apple would overlook their business store site for that long.

It may well be that an Apple web programmer may have recently entered the wrong filename in WebObjects--or perhaps updated the main page a little early? ;)

4. macrumors member

5. macrumors 65816

voyagerd

The developer store too:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Kind of like the Grand Opening sign that never comes down

6. macrumors 603

shadowfax

7. macrumors newbie

what are you talking about??? there is no "new" sign in the main store??? was there?

8. macrumors member

The Higher-Ed Store has the "new" sticker as well. It has been like that for the past few months.:rolleyes:

9. macrumors member

I noticed this when I visited my Apple store two weeks ago. I was browsing via a 12" Powerbook in store , and I thought it was kind of odd that it said new on the iPod's header. At the time I thought I was looking at the regualr Apple Store, not the one for Business. But now I know better.

10. macrumors regular

The new sticker has been up there since the release of the new iPods last summer, Education store is the same way as are about half the other international stores out there.

The Graphic is still the same underneath, new 29GB model for Mac and windows...

It's nothing new...

11. macrumors member

But that is an excellent typo! :D

12. macrumors 6502a

Jaykay

yeah i see its been taken off the main us store.

and its not on the ireland store either.. and yes there is a ireland store...

13. macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Hmm...that's strange. Hopefully, a web programmer accidentally put the "new" flag on too early, suggesting updates very soon.

14. macrumors 6502

So besides a size upgrade (10,20,40), are we expecting anything new with the iPod? I can see FW800 - but anything else, video support?

15. macrumors member

IMHO FW800 is not likely at this stage - especially as the recently upgraded iMacs didn't get FW800 either

But my wishlist includes:
    - Firmware support for ACC
    - Bluetooth support
    - Mic. in
    - Replaceable battery

Anything else (video support, FM tuner) a nice bonus

Just hope we get some announcement soon, because now that I have saved up the $$$'s, the waiting is killing me... :(

16. macrumors newbie

this image:

http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/sp_hpimage_reseller.gif

which i see when i go to the US apple store:

http://store.apple.com/AppleStore/WebObjects/BizCustom?qprm=78313

reflects a green "new" tag which has not been on the site for the past three weeks that I've been going to the store everyday. however, there was just some simple grey text in the image that said "new", and it was a carryover.

the image that is on the front of the store now, is a new image, at least it's new in comparison to the last three weeks.

17. macrumors newbie

18. macrumors G3

19. macrumors member

Notice how the rest of the store is up to date, new Xserves, etc. So why wouldn't they bother to fix the iPod one while they were updating it. I think an insider may know about new iPods and is playing with us. Because if it was old, they would've taken the new sign away. If it was new it would have a bigger iPod than 20GB. Makes you wonder.

20. macrumors 604

iJon

i bet its just a mistake, what kind of web builder for apple would pull a stunt like that. he would only do that if he wanted to have his ass handed to him on the streets.

iJon

21. macrumors 68030

irmongoose

PFFFFT!!!!

anyways, looks about the right time for iPod updates.. seems Apple's on a roll, if the roll continues, it's either iBooks or iPods being updated... besides, there was a "leaked" document put up by Toshiba which had info about a new 40 gig drive, so...

Why not?

aghh, probably just a lazy web designer..

irmongoose