New IPod's Buy October?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Mr. X, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Mr. X macrumors newbie

Im Planning on buying an Ipod around September-October and i was wondering will new Generation be out by then? It wasent At WWDC wo when is the next proboble date for an update?

2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

There might be an update by then, but probably not a new generation. You never know though.

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I think they might..the current ipods have been out for almost a year....Even with the uprgrades...If they do something it will before the Christmas season....Logical thinking... but u never know... If so looks like there might be a 30 gig ipod on ebay... :p

4. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Oh my God! The new iPods have become so power hungry that they bought October all for themselves? Those greedy pigs!

How do I go about buying a month for myself? What's it cost? :D

Seriously now - the new iPods and iPod Minis will probably come out at MacWorld Paris.

5. Sabbath macrumors 6502a

Sabbath

I am currently thinking Paris expo for the new iPods, and some kind of airport express remote, if the new iPod is not the remote.

I'm unsure on the minis however which is a pain as I really want a mini! they are not even on sale over here, it would be really annoying if we just got them then they updated them. I guess it just depends on the drive technology however.

6. Mr. X thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont know what you mean :confused:

7. imnotquitesure macrumors member

8. Mr. X thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, When? :confused:

9. Soire macrumors regular

Updates will be within the next couple months, both because they are due and because I broke down and bough a 40 giger two days ago.

If my luck holds true, they will be released sometime next week when mine is delivered. ;)

10. Calvinatir macrumors 6502

Calvinatir

The title of your post is "New IPod's Buy October". You incorrectly used Buy, and used it in the form of a purchase instead of 'by'. He made a joke about your mistake...

11. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

hahahahahahahhahah I just realized that, that's awesome, also, Mr. X if you using a mac turn the spell check on in safari, and also proof read your stuff.

12. Mr. X thread starter macrumors newbie

13. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

If new iPods do come out with wireless capabilities soon, that sure would be incentive to upgrade...

14. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

Yeah, plus mine has a bunch of vertical lines of dead pixels on the screen...

btw, does anyone know why these lines would appear? They are all in the middle of the screen, and if I press hard enough on the menu button (which I have to do sometimes, since the button is dying) a bunch of them disappear. I have a 2nd gen 10gb ipod, if that helps...

15. Mr. X thread starter macrumors newbie

16. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

August 31

17. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

Is that the general feeling then - August 31 for new iPods? :)