New iPods Too?

Discussion in 'Mac Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 2, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

We've been hearing some preliminary hints that the low end iPod is due for updates soon. Information still pending. No true verification yet.

ThinkSecret had mentioned eMacs as possible additional updates on Tuesday (along with iMacs).

2. macrumors newbie

Yes I think it's possible, I just called the person I know at the Apple store to check whether they have the current 17" iMac in stock, she strongly advised against buying it, saying that it would be updated very very soon. She also hinted to me about the iPod being updated, but wouldn't tell me whether it's just a price cut or a product update.

3. macrumors regular

REALLY? Thta's intersting. What exactelly did she say about the iPod?

iPod rumors have been hot and heavy since before MWSF but does anyone know for sure if the new 1.8 drives are really ready for mass production?

I'm also hoping Apple takes the opportunity to make some major changes and updates to the iPod. They have GOT to get this battery life issue resolved in the near furture, the number of iPods that fail within or just outside of their 1 year warranty is amaizing.

4. macrumors G3

Does anyone know how much an iPod that has had battery failure costs to repair after the warrenty is over?

If the price is not very reasonable, I suspect I will use that as the excuse to upgrade if mine has battery failure after the warrenty expires.

5. macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Which is a good example why, when I worked in Apple's Systems Test department, we were warned never, ever to tell anything to anyone in Apple Sales.

Want to have unwanted stock piled up in warehouses? Just have your sales staff blabbing about the next big thing, available real soon now...

Mike.

6. macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

250 bucks. Yep.. it sucks. :)

7. macrumors G3

At $250 for a repair, buying a new iPod is a no brainer. What was wrong with the one that cost $250 to repair? And what size was it?

8. macrumors 604

iJon

i completly agree, those people arent very smart. let them figure out themselves that new stuff will be out.

iJon

9. macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Nothing. I just took it out of the drawer and i can't get it to boot up. I have tried resetting it and it doesnt work.

It is a beautiful paper weight.

1 iPod For sale to highest bidder. :)

-Doc

10. macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth