New iSight?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by papersushi, Jul 25, 2004.

1. papersushi macrumors regular

Just noticed that iSight has 2-4 Weeks lead time now on online Apple store. This is very unusual for accessories like iSight, it has always been same day or 1-3 business day shipping for the last 1 year or so.

I guess Apple is preparing for the new iSight? Windows PC compatibility maybe? Just a thought.

2. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a

JOD8FY

Yeah, iSight updates are on their way. I read a post by someone whose company ordered a bunch of iSights and Apple called and said they'd been EOL'd. Updates must be just around the corner.

JOD8FY

3. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

That does seem a bit odd. The iSights were not selling lot hotcakes, so Apple should have quite a few still on hand. But, we also haven't seen an update (not that the competition even comes close.)

Better model and lower price (maybe $129) - plus Window$ compatibility would be yet another foothold.

Music--->iPod--->iTunes--->AirportExpress--->iSight

If Apple controls audio and video, maybe a few more people will get the message and switch over!! :p

4. Kalomir macrumors newbie

5. eric67 macrumors 6502

eric67

indeed

indeed PC compatibility will probably make the iSight a hot product in Pc world, exactly like the iPod, but the current revision is only related to the magnetic fixation kit announced by Steve during the last WWDC...do not get all excited for something which was announced in June to be available during Summer 2004, for once that Apple is on time to release a product at the expected date....

6. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

I agree completely. Here's hoping for a larger CCD for better low light and pi quality with the new standard.

I want to see them put a ninety degree angle at the end so it sits along your screen top like a pen would if you balanced it along the line of the screen, not sticking out which is vulnerable. Same face but half an inch out.

7. Alfie macrumors member

I'm looking into getting iSights for my family for Christmas, so it would be great if new ones were to come out before then. Also, my brother owns a Dell and I would love to see an iSight sitting on top of it. I want it so bad, I can taste it. So, of course, in 2-3 weeks we will see.....new packaging.. Just my luck. :)

8. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'm not convinced the low-light capabilities are all that bad now. With a non-Apple app, like Evocam, the iSight looks just fine with a bit of brightness adjustment - and the colors still look good. I think Apple just has the default brightness set way too low.