New iSkin eVo3?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by JonHimself, Nov 11, 2005.

1. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Hey, in hopes of being able to get a nice case for my 5G I've been checking the major case companies web-site waiting to see when they would be coming out. I came across this on the iSkin page: iSkin eVo3
    what do you guys thing? I was hoping they would just make a version of the Nano Duo case... this seems a bit different though I'm sure it'll be just as good.

2. WeeShoo macrumors regular

Well, I was also hoping for a duo style case too, but this looks promising.

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Looks great!

4. Konradx macrumors 6502

Konradx

its alright i like the nano one better i think

5. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

yeah, but can you imagine a duo case with the 5g 60gb one? friggin' huge! stick that in your pocket and not get looks from on going passers...people will think you're just happy to see everyone!

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I've been very pleased for my eVo2 for my 3G,, but I'm going to wait for actual pictures/user reviews of it before I order an eVo3. the 5G has a few more challenges for this type of case IMHO.

1) Not much space from the edge of the screen to the edge of the iPod. The eVo2 may get around this by adding more silicone around those edges which may make the iPod too wide for my hands.

2) Screen clarity. The screen protector that came with my eVo2 is less than ideal for the 5G it's not 100% clear and definitely not optically "flat" so it introduces some waviness.

So far I'm OK with the Apple case & Martin Fields screen protector on my 5G.

B

7. Konradx macrumors 6502

Konradx

True. Anyone know the case which is shock resistant so if you drop it you'll have a better chance of not destroying the HD? it kinda looks like the duo is shock resistant..though it doesnt need to be because its flash

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well I think it looks great, but I don't know. If I had a 5g today I wouldn't wait until december to cover it.

9. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

truly an awesome case...

10. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

i agree.

unlike the duo, it has (so i hear) an integrated screen and click wheel cover, which is what a case needs, IMO.

11. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

yeah, well i wish they would hurry up. so slow. i mean how hard is it to make a silicone case for an ipod? I know its nice, but zcover seems to do it really fast....guess i'm just impatient...but then again, they should think about that...which makes it their fault! <<stomping feet, going to room, slamming door...no desert for me>>