New iSkin Keyboard Protector for new PB and iBooks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by g808, Dec 11, 2003.

1. g808 macrumors regular

iSkin has finally released a new keyboard protector to fit the new Aluminum PowerBooks and iBooks. I've been waiting for this since I bought my 17"!

http://www.iskin.com/protouch_PB1.html

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Is this something one should buy for their laptop? I have a G4 iBook...

3. hobbes3113 macrumors regular

hobbes3113

This is great for the keyboard, but what about the outside of my beautiful 17"pb. Anyone know if there is something like this to protect anything other than the keyboard?

4. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

You could run it through a laminating machine... :D

5. sjcaguy macrumors regular

any idea if amazon or someone else will carry this product?

6. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Probably not thru amazon in the near future ... i've ordered thru them before and they make really nice products. I probably own't get the protector for the powerbook because I had one for my ibook andi t was really nice but dirt doesn't seem to be as visible iwth the pb, and i don't like peopel seeing that i have keyboard protector

7. sjcaguy macrumors regular

you don't want them to see that you take care of your stuff and protect things you've spent money on?

let me put it this way: if i see someone with a nice camera and quality glass but no UV filter (a $35 purchase), it makes me wonder what the deal is. see, the filter (or keyboard protector) is a cheap protection for a much more costly item.

seems to me like powerbook or ibook, you'd want to do whatever you could (within reason, of course) to maintain and protect your computer.

8. I_Harf macrumors newbie

quick question

How exactly do you use the iSkin protector? Do you have to take it on and off everytime you use it? Can you close your computer with it on or do you have to remove it everytime you close it? I guess it seems like something I will buy once I purchase a powerbook, yet I don't want it to be a pain in the rear...

Isaiah

9. g808 thread starter macrumors regular

Powersleevz are great for protecting the outside of your powerbook. I don't know of anything that you could wrap around it like iSkin so you can leave it on while using it.

You can leave it on when closing the lid. This is something great to get. Over time the oils from your hand may cause damage to the keys, and it will help prevent dust from getting in the keyboard.

10. hobbes3113 macrumors regular

hobbes3113

Looks great, I checked out the website and they have some other useful products...