New iTunes....please help

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by saladiro, Nov 30, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

saladiro

hi,

ok, so i just downloaded the new iTunes (not the biggest fan). As I saw my new playlist, for some reason, next to each song i decided to hit the little cloud button not knowing exactly what it would do. I believe i backed them up to the cloud. I dont want to do this. I already back my songs up via time machine. how do i "un-back" them up from the cloud?

also, i noticed not every song had the option to hit the could icon, why is this?

also ..where are my playlist that used to be on the left hand side?

2. macrumors 6502a

I think only the songs you bought from itunes will have the cloud button, the songs you imported for CDs will not have that.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

saladiro

Tks!

Anyway to get them off the cloud?

4. macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Not sure if you can get them off the cloud, all purchases are stored there

If you go into preferences and then store option, untick show itunes purchase in the cloud (or similar), this will hide the cloud flag and only show music on your machine

5. macrumors 6502a

They are not really even in the cloud, because I dont even have icloud set up and it shows up. iCloud when it comes to music (songs you bought off itunes) its already in the cloud on apples servers via itunes in the cloud. When you "upload" a song to the cloud its basically just giving you a book mark in your account to the actual song in itunes isnt it?