New iTunes Store feature; what do you think?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacBoobsPro, Nov 23, 2006.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I gave Apple some feedback on a feature for the iTunes store and it went summink like this:

I would like to see an option in the iTunes Store to save a movie (and/or music) as a 'favorite' so you can then quickly get to stuff you have previously flagged as a favorite and download at a later date i.e. when you have the funds available.

There are quite a few movies I would like to own on the store but I obviously don't want to buy them all at once. However I cant remember them all when I return to the store to make another purchase and have to go searching again. Allowing users to 'flag' a movie for later download would be an excellent boost to userbility as a returning customer having previously flagged a movie can then download said movie in no more than 2 clicks after accessing the store.

Favorites > Movie

/end

Would you like to see something like this incorporated? I think its a great idea if I do say so myself. :D

2. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

so basically like how netflix is? that would be cool.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

When you see a list of items for sale in the iTunes Store (e.g., tunes or TV show episodes), you can drag any of them into any of your albums, so you can make your own Favorites playlist of items you haven't purchased.

I also keep some songs, which I may or may not ever buy, in my Shopping Cart, so I can find and play the 30-second sample anytime I like.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think it's a good idea, but have you tried using the shopping cart? This is exactly what I use the shopping cart for.

EDIT: As Dr. Q pointed out, you can also create a wish list playlist and add songs to it. :)

5. appleman123 macrumors newbie

6. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Didn't know that!

Didn't know that!

Erm... Didn't know that! :D Damn I thought it was a good idea. Maybe some Apple Feedback employee is quietly mumbling "dumbass" as he trashes my email.

Which corner shall i stand in? :rolleyes:

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

No corner! Just take your coffee out of the cupholder that comes out of the front of your tower and have a sip. :D And enjoy this pre-black-Friday Christmas present! :)

8. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Cup holder? I thought it was a toaster! No wonder my toast is always cold.

Guess what Im doing now?

New Playlist > Movies to Buy :D

9. appleman123 macrumors newbie

Haha

10. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

I don't think it's possible to playlist a movie from the iTS.

11. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Yes you can. Im doing it now! Even the 'buy movie' button appears in the playlist. :)