Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joetronic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
New Oxford, PA
I lost my job two weeks ago, and no I didn't leave on good terms. I cannot say much, since I singed a disclosure agreement, but lets just say I was f'd over, and f'd hard. Anyway, I have not really felt like doing anything, not even ride my bike, I have only put in 100 or so miles (notmaly 200+ a week) in the past two weeks, except the solo century to get all the being fired anger out. It was like if I wasn't looking for a job, I was being a lazy ass, so I didn't do a damn thing. That is now over...

I got hired today at Catoctin Wildlife Preserve and Zoo . A wonderful place doing wonderful things. I am starting at the bottom, as a groundskeeper, but the owner said with my experience with reptiles and inverts I will be in that department soon. Animals and animal conservation has always been a love of mine, ever since I was a kid, so the pay cut is worth it. So, after my new job offer this morning, and watching the race on OLN last night, my cycling bug has hit again and hit hard. I don't start my new job till Thursday, so I plan on many many miles. Has this ever happened to any of you guys, something takes the urge away, and when it comes back, it comes back with a fury?

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
First of all, congratulations on the new job; it sounds like it will be a lot of fun, especially once you can focus on your areas of expertise.

As for getting away from something and getting back to it in a fury - it happens all the time, generally in the spring. Winter saps a lot of my enthusiasm for running, although I still go a couple of times a week thanks to my running group. Once spring hits, I'll be out 3-4 times a week and will start packing on the miles.

The winter will come again, and with shorter days and cold evenings, my running will once again fade away.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
When my girlfriend (now wife) first went away to school and I still had about a month before I started up, I kicked up my cycling to around 50 miles a day. For the whole month. All done in laps around a lake near my house at 1.72 miles/lap. Those were the days...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.