New laptop and cell

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by vikolaf, Jul 16, 2004.

1. vikolaf macrumors newbie

My beloved iBook just died.
    I won't have enough for a new computer until september when i start working. Thus i'll probably get it in october. Does anyone know when upgrades on ibooks and powerbooks will be made?
    Also thinking about getting SE Z1010 phone. Does anyone have it? How good is it?

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Sorry about your iBook!

The good news is that, by October when you can afford one, you'll have a much, much better idea of the upgrades than anyone in this forum has now (barring possible Apple Skunkworks lurkers...).

I'm guessing either price reductions (minor) or screen resolution and/or drive speed enhancements will be available before the much-anticipated G5's come up sometime in the distant future.

I don't have the SE Z1010 phone, and I don't know anything about it. One suggestion is that you buy a Bluetooth-enabled phone that is Mac-compatible (most are) - maybe the Z1010 qualifies.

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

If history is any judge you can expect new PBs and iBooks in the October/November timeframe. Though G5's not till next year by most accounts.

4. vikolaf thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm still mourning my iBook

Thanks for the almost instant replies.
    I had a sense that upgrades would probably be made then.
    Z1010 definitely has bluetooth.
    PB or iBook? I'll start working at a big law firm so i won't have much time to play around on my computer. Mostly use it for Garageband, email, playing games...