New laptop on New year

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jack19, Dec 28, 2006.

1. jack19 macrumors newbie

Oct 19, 2006
    i'll be searching to get an other laptop in the other class for recording and mix. i operate samp 9 pro with a RME FF800. i would LIKE to have a FW800 interface, but at least 1 FW400 if that is non potential, 2 home HDs would be good, multiple reminder help, 1GB RAM (elastic) and Intel Core 2 Duo placed. i'm in Ireland then will likely tell from the UK. not involved in a Mac. sturdyness and dependability both welcome. any suggestions? still of a specific retailer/maker? budget will be €2K, possibly EX VAT if i can get it through job (fingers covered) more thanks, merry christmas, richie.
  2. LeviG macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2006
    Norfolk, UK
    Any chance you can type that out again so that I can understand what exactly you're after.

The lack of paragraphs make it difficult to get to grips with what you're trying to say.
  3. pianoman macrumors 68000

May 31, 2006
    if you want FW800, you're only option on the Mac side is the MacBook Pro. i don't know of any Windows machines that have FW800 built-in. with the MacBook Pro, you'll also have a FW400 and the option to upgrade your hard drive to 200GB and the RAM to 3GB.
  4. islandman macrumors 6502

Sep 13, 2006
    MacBook Pro has some of what you're after (FW800), Intel Core 2 Duo, RAM. It only holds 1 HD, but you can get 200GB. I wouldn't recommend anything but a Mac, personally.
  5. AutumnSkyline macrumors regular

Oct 5, 2006
    I agree, although you said that you do not want to get a mac, the only choice that I know of is the Macbook pro, and it has all that your asking for plus much more. If you want me to convince you to buy a Mac, I can : ) I had to convince my parents to buy me an iMac. I spent a half hour explaining the basics, and here I am a month and a half later on my shiny iMac love it *kisses the spacebar *
  6. jack19 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 19, 2006
    Thank you guys your advice was really helpful for me
    Thank you all once again.........:D
  7. diadem macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2006
    did you mean you dont want a mac but your posting on a MAC web site :confused: