New LCDs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by triton, Jun 12, 2004.

1. triton macrumors regular

Are there supposed to be any kind of technology revision to the new LCD screens that apple plans to release? :confused: Of course, other than the look and size.

Also, what happend to OLED? :confused:

2. PowerMacMan macrumors 6502

PowerMacMan

Lots of rumors going around that Apple will release new displays... It's a must... WWDC Apple most likely will release them. Rumors indicate that they look different, are of course better, and have DVI, as they will come in 20'', 23'', and 30''.

3. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I'm awaiting the new displays anxiously myself... they are waaaay past overdue. Rumors suggest the displays are being assembled now... so release at WWDC, hopefully.

4. triton thread starter macrumors regular

But do we have any idea HOW they will be better? :confused:

5. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

The response times will definitely be better. Other than that I don't know, because display technology hasn't improved that much.

6. triton thread starter macrumors regular

I wish there was a better way to make the blacks BLACK, and to rid the the world of dead pixels.....*dreaming* :rolleyes:

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

well, they could have faster refresh rates, higher contrast ratios, sharper and/or brighter images, firewire ports on the display, and DVI instead of ADC. But that's all just speculation of course.

8. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

I sure hope they release some new ones so i can grab a Cinema HD 23 pretty cheap to mate with my Dell and future PowerBook. Oh yeah, I can see it now, 23 inches of beautiful HD right on MY desk! :D :D :D :D :D (Im excited, can't you tell?)

9. PowerMacMan macrumors 6502

PowerMacMan

Those 23'' are gorgeous, huge... I sure want to get one as soon as the updates come...

10. Bigheadache macrumors 6502

Hopefully they will use new panels with 12/16/20ms response times and better contrast.

As for OLED, I haven't been keeping up with the most up to date info, but I think the lifespan is still too short to be used in a monitor.