New Leopard OX 10.5 Video

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jason2811, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Subiklim macrumors 6502

Mar 31, 2006
    Manhattan, New York
    What the hell? Is he constantly dropping things while filming? And he claims to be using a new quad core 2 duo? Hah!
  2. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    Is it just me or are there two fonts within the same field on the About This Mac window, the 2 in DDR2 RAM looks totally different as does the lettering in the Version details, they aren't centred.

Very jerky and crappy looking too, seems like nobody with any access to 10.5 has a decent camera.
  3. michaeldmartin macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2006
    Testicles. That is all.
    The text that says dual core whatever is obviously photoshopped because it's a different font. Also, the about window didn't have a shadow, another dead giveaway. Totally fake.
  4. nifty_nigel10 macrumors member

Jul 14, 2004

this is what almost deems all of these videos fake right away, can't they at least give us better quality so we at least believe them that it's "real" ?

*EDIT* Also, if Apple have windows apps running natively..what barrier is drawn between Mac and Windows?
  5. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Dec 27, 2004
    Avon, IN
    Looked more like he was running the vista beta to me than running any type of a mac OS.
  6. nifty_nigel10 macrumors member

Jul 14, 2004
    now that you mention it, that could be a good explanation...his desktop could just be set to a screenshot of tiger with itunes open...running some windows apps over the top of it with the taskbar hidden at the bottom.
  7. Killyp macrumors 68040

Jun 14, 2006
    That's definitely a Vista beta. I have seen vista with my own three eyes and that is CERTAINLY Vista...
  8. quagmire macrumors 603

Apr 19, 2004
    When did the folders turn beige? And when did the buttons move to the top right corner of the window? FAKE!
  9. tombarnes macrumors 6502

Feb 26, 2006
    Cornwall, United Kingdom
    Looks like that could be a skinned Windows XP/Vista to me. I don't believe it. I think it's fake.

Surely running windows natively in a OS X environment opens OS X upto windows viruses and other security threats. Apple will never make windows run natively in the OS X environment themselves, that is the whole point of bootcamp! Everyone has seen bootcamp, why would they release a beta, when they are planning an entirely new implementation of such an idea! Bootcamp runs windows separate to OS X, not natively, which is a whole new kettle of fish!
  10. yellow Moderator emeritus

Oct 21, 2003
    Portland, OR
    It's totally Vista with an OS X Theme. It's not Leopard.

Why would one open the cmd prompt natively in OS X, and why (oh why) would it list as C:\>?
  11. Obsidian6 macrumors 6502a

Apr 29, 2006
    Laguna Niguel, CA
    Agreed. Definitely Vista. ive seen it running on a co-worker's laptop. The entire time he was showing me all the cool "new" features of vista i was showing him the mac version thats been out for a while now :) gave me a good laugh.

Something to ponder though - Maybe people give us crappy videos:

a) to throw us off and make us think we're seeing something were not supposed to see
    b) because they are trying to be conspicuous about filming a prototype product when they know they can't legally release said information.

just a thought.
  12. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    It robs all the fun for the originator to not be here telling his inevitable "I know a guy" story.... :rolleyes: :(