Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
It looks interesting, and someone would need to be fairly dedicated to Photoshop that, but how exactly did you run across these...?
Another site, or did they just stumble into your path?

Yoursh

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
MN
Looks a little photoshop'y to me. Like in the second pic, why would you be switching from a OSX to a OSX desktop? I think this is a case of what they hope it will look like.

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
Not bad...

...personally, I think it looks very Apple-ish. The tabs in the finder - I don't know, pretty convincing...

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Yoursh said:
Looks a little photoshop'y to me. Like in the second pic, why would you be switching from a OSX to a OSX desktop? I think this is a case of what they hope it will look like.
Multiple desktops... not unreasonable to hope for.

Might be completely fake. Probably is completely fake. But still cool.

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I like what I see. The tabbed feature in Finder is cool, and I also find it interesting that Address Book and iCal have apparently been combined. :cool:

Can't wait for Steve's preview of Leopard at WWDC!

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
x86 said:
IE7 in os x?? wow... This would be funny if it really happens.

Windows is running too, virtual world, showing that it is possible to run windows apps in the OS X environment....see the desktop Windows and OS X disk etc.

Looks great though, just hope there are great features for PPC people too :eek:
The spacing in the dock, finder tabs, combined iCal and Address Book looks great !

Edit: This has to be fake...look at the about this Mac window....what Intel Mac with a Core Duo has DDR RAM and not DDR2 ?

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
AddressBook and iCal in one?

Bottom-left of the IE windows looks 'chopped. The Status bar is too long.

Scottyk9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2004
Canada
Yoursh said:

virtual desktops...

cool, I like it

dswoodley

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
if a cease and desist letter comes from Apple to Macrumors soon, we'll know how real these might be.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
x86 said:
I wonder if the "/" icon in the finder window would allow one to type in a folder path... hmm...

It could be the equivalent of the current path button available when customizing the Finder. And you do know that you can currently type in a path using shift-command-G, right?

swingerofbirch said:
Nice cleanup of the finder....what is that 1 2 ?

That's the multiple desktop switcher that seems to be present in the second screenshot.

x86

macrumors regular
May 25, 2006
Dearborn, MI
WildCowboy said:
It could be the equivalent of the current path button available when customizing the Finder. And you do know that you can currently type in a path using shift-command-G, right?

lol, no, actually I didn't know that. Thanks for the tip!

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
I like the new GUI style (the same look found in iLife 06).

Edit: ...Which I'm sure will be found in Leopard, whether or not these pictures are real.

Yoursh

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
MN
virtual desktops...

cool, I like it

I agree. All I was meaning was that if this was a photo demonstrating this ability, it might have been shown a little better. I personaly like the tabbed finder myself. :) I just question the legitimacy of the pics.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Platform said:
Windows is running too, virtual world, showing that it is possible to run windows apps in the OS X environment....see the desktop Windows and OS X disk etc.

Looks great though, just hope there are great features for PPC people too :eek:
The spacing in the dock, finder tabs, combined iCal and Address Book looks great !

Edit: This has to be fake...look at the about this Mac window....what Intel Mac with a Core Duo has DDR RAM and not DDR2 ?

ummmmmm perhaps it's not a Mac..Or one soon to come?

Looks pretty realistic to me with the exception of the memory config.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.