New lifestyle device too?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by galopagos, Jul 7, 2002.

1. galopagos macrumors newbie

In addition to the video clip (which my apple friend has verified for me) of the new g4 case enclosure, my apple friend has since sent me another set of four quicktime single frames from the promotional video their working on for the next lifestyle device.

She didnt send me a device name or description, but "tempted my senses" with the following images (attached below).

My question: Is this apple friend o' mine giving me a blacklisted backstage pass, or is the Apple staff getting phoroshop happy and spreading disinformation to screw with the rumormongers' heads? I have no reason to think this person is lying, but what is Apple is actually getting serious on protecting their secrets after the time magazine canada iMac flop?

Attached Files:

2. iH8Quark macrumors 6502

Oh this is insanely cruel! I can't tell what it is!!!!! :mad: It appears to have something to do with photography since it's sync-ing with iPhoto. Is this the digital picture frame? Or maybe a new Apple branded Camera? That would be SWEET!

What movie of the new G4 enclosures? Where can I see it !!!!! PLEASE!!!! :( :D

3. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Re: New lifestyle device too?

Ehhh...where is this clip?

4. whfsdude macrumors 6502a

he is not going to show you because he doesn't have one LIAR ;) wink wink ;)

5. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Oh, well, no.

This looks VERY Photoshopped to me. Why shoul Apple bring a device with USB AND Firewire? Wheres the point in that?

And btw it cant be a digital camera, it looks too thin for that - so where is the connection to iPhoto anyway...

Thats a fake, obvious.:cool:

6. LaserGuided macrumors newbie

Well, ... it could be a digital camera.

I've seen smaller cameras, but if it is a camera, it still is not very impressive.
    Maybe I'll wait to jump up and down with joy.:(

7. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

It looks oddly like a guy, a photoshopped iPod and an iBook.
    Maybe it's just me though.

8. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Other Forum

I think they're just referring to the pic that was part of a video clip... He/She posted a thread in the "News Discussion" forum that had a still image taken from a piece of video that is supposed to be of one of the new towers coming at MWNY. They didn't post the actual clip or did it sound like they even had it. I think they just had the jpeg. Go check it out. And anyway, what are these pictures supposed to be? All I see is the iBook. I don't get it.

9. galopagos thread starter macrumors newbie

well..

well according to the apple chick, this is the video clip that is ready for posting to the akamai servers once the jobs keynote is complete. she wouldnt tell me much other than that.

i've looked at the videos of the ipod and the new imac, and i recognise the guy in the video clip (Philip, world marketing for apple), but it doesnt look like a still from either video...

10. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

This looks like NOTHING , nothing at all!

Much like the single photo from a video of a g4 enclosure that was photoshoped and posted.

This new thread is even less....

I think that someone is trying to spark things up with a little fake rumors..

Now , I dont think that its such a bad idea to do that, but for gods sake man.

Could you do it a little better than this!

If you friend gave you a video or you have seen it or he has told you about it, then what is all this lack of information and proper visual....?

11. LaserGuided macrumors newbie

The Photos

The guy in the photo looks like he has a glass eye.
    Take a look at his left eye.;)

12. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Re: The Photos

maybe that's the new device! a biomechanical socket-mounted digital camera...you just blink and it takes a snapshot! then you plug into the USB port, which used to be your belly button, and upload the images into iPhoto. sounds cool. i think they should call it the "iEye".

13. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

Thats not a glass eye!

Thats the gleam of confusion and lies.

You must have led a charmed life , not to recognize that...:)

14. LaserGuided macrumors newbie

I like the iEye concept!
    It'll use blue chip technology so you can have blue eyes, and you'll just be able to look
    at your mac and send your photos to it.

15. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

Re: Oh, well, no.

Perhaps there will be a new/different version of the iPod that will allow the user to download their digital images to its hard drive. I have a feeling that the iPod is going to be much more than an MP3 player (after all, it is not just called iListen). Just my 2 cents,

Bill

16. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

ha ha! geez, i'm afraid to get a bluetooth mouse! i don't know if i want all those high mhz waves pulsing thru my head. but chicks dig blue eyes...hmm..ok, i'm in.

17. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

maybe it's a toaster!!!!! I say it's just some old ads put together. Lame so lame....make a fake PDA one at least!! hahahahahaah

18. atodd macrumors member

It looks real.

I'd say this is for real, folks. I've looked through ALL of Apple's promo videos since the TiBook and have come to this conclusion. This is for a few reasons:

- Phil Schiller NEVER wears that color shirt with that kind of collar. Neither. It is always different.

- The USB/FireWire thing...well, it may be for use with (gasp) PeeCees? This is real because it is thinner than the iPod (judging from the size of the FW port) and has rounded ends, whereas the iPod is sharp from that angle.

- There has never been a promo video with an iBook and iPhoto

- The fourth image has Apple's dock, which has brighter, more rich colors than the real Dock. For example, it's in the iMac print ads. The iTunes icon is nicer and the System Prefs one (not visible here) is too.

I'd say it is for real.

Where is Phil? Judging from the ceiling behind him, he's at the Expo. I'm looking forward to this!

19. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

I'm actually intrigued by the upper right image. It looks like it could be real. I don't know of any current Apple product that has a firewire port set on a polished metal surface.

But if this rumor is legit, then I'm disappointed b/c I don't care to see an Apple-branded digital camera or photo frame. If all it does is sync with iPhoto, what's the point? Most digital cameras already do that.

I want more.

20. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

dude.... you're gettin an iWalk!!!

maybe this is the infamous iWalk that Steve has up his sleeve

i can't wait until macworld to see if these clips were true or not

21. job macrumors 68040

job

Includes a leather case. :D

Pics look interesting; certainly the Phil picture, but what the heck is that blur accross his chest and between his arms? :confused:

22. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I looked closely @ that blur and it says his name Phllip Schiller and below it says something else that I can't read. Below that it probably says something about his position, which has been mentioned already.

23. job macrumors 68040

job

I was actually wondering about the blur over his left breast pocket. It looks a bit out of place, then again, it could just be me. :D

24. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

Hmmm, PDA? HD for digital camera? Digital camera?
    Many digital cameras only have USB outs, so that might be the reason for both FW and USB...download from digital camera and plug into ibook later.
    If that's all, then that's not too exciting, unless it's also an iPod and a PDA, and a picture viewer, and a movie player, and a wireless web browser, and a...

25. dongmin macrumors 68000

dongmin

Did you guys notice the poster hanging behind Phil? It's an image of an hourglass. Hmmm, another clue???