New low for scumbags - Station Tragedy T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by peter2002, Feb 26, 2003.

1. peter2002 macrumors 6502

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Re: New low for scumbags - Station Tragedy T-Shirt

Very poor taste. Yet still amusing...

No, the 9-11 T-shirts came out about a week after 9/11. There was also a 9/11 flash game where you had to shoot down planes heading for the WTC (think "missle command" from Atari).

Lethal

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Pretty lame actually. And take a look at some of their other shirts. Some are actually quite funny, but all are in poor taste - guess that's why the name - tshirthell?

D :D

4. Kid Red macrumors 65816

5. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, I can't believe that I am going to say this, but I agree with Peter. That is sick, disgusting, and in way shape or form funny.:mad:

6. howard macrumors 68020

howard

strange how we can find such disrespect humorous...myself included

7. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Uh... unluckily it was a tragic loss but it is T Shirt hell...

Most of their shirts are just incensitive. My friend got the school shooting tour shirt and the teacher threw him out of class.

:rolleyes:

8. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

humor is how a lot of people cope with events like these, even as specific as this one... i mean, a lot of people go to nightclubs and see live performances, so really this could have happened to anyone... so we have to laugh it off...

i've seen different things with the 9/11 joke on them: You know, no one in NYC had to buy shampoo for weeks after the attack... because there were heads and shoulders everywhere...

all disrespect aside, that's a pretty stupid joke :rolleyes:

pnw

9. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

It was a tragedy, a lot of people died. I mean it was aweful and I feel bad for the families... I do. It was horribly unfortunate mistake and everyone involved is the worse for it..

That said, if the shirt was funny... it would be funny. A good joke is a good joke.. but those shirts, aren't funny. They're not even clever... :confused:

10. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

In HS I had a shirt w/Hitler on the front and the caption "European tour 1939-1945." On the back it listed all the countries he invaded in chronological order. But "England" and "Russia" were crossed out and it said "cancelled" next to them :D

My history teachers enjoyed the humor, although I was instructed not to wear it when we took our test over WWII. I actually had 3 of the shirts (bro got them for me in London) and sold one of them to my government teacher.

I only had one person (a jewish friend) tell me the shirt was in bad taste, and the lame @ss who had an opinion column in the school paper tried to take pot shots at me, but he failed so horrible it was embarrasing to read his attempt at pseudo-intellectual humor (he'd make W. look like a god@mn master wordsmith).

Lethal

11. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I thought he was :eek:

For all you anti-bushes, they have some anti-bush stuff...

12. rt_brained macrumors 6502a

I don't understand how so many of you think that shirt is funny. It's not even remotely funny. In fact, it's hilarious.

13. rebscb macrumors member

t-shirts

I wouldn't wear the great white shirt because of the families own personal hell that they're going through at present.

However, when I was in grad school in Wash, DC, I rode as a bike messenger for a couple of years. Best damn job that I have had to date (almost) and I enjoyed the anonymity.... SO mush that I used to love to wear a shirt in and out of government buildings and rich frickin' law firms, that said, "I eat painful discharge!" Now that got me some sick frickin' looks, no?

14. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

BOO..

Crappy shirts...just another group trying to cash in on POOR shock value...Best way to beat them is to not glorify their stupid site...

15. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

quit yer bitchin

someone thinks its funny. they want to sell a tshirt fine. if people dont buy em, he wont sell em. plus hes got a nice disclaimer :D

16. medea macrumors 68030

medea

comedy equals tragedy plus time....and not nearly enough time has passed for this to be funny.
    very poor taste indeed.