New Mac, 500th post, and more!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mrgreen4242, Feb 10, 2005.

1. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Well, normally I'm not big ont he "I just bought a new Mac, roxor!" threads, but I just ordered a refurbed 17" 1.8ghz iMac. This is also my 500th post, w00t. PLUS, it's my 1 year MacRumors anniversary, AND my 25th birthday. Go me.

I'm excited about my new iMac of course, anyone have any ideas how quick they refurbed machines get out? It's listed as 1-2 business days, and I ordered it at about 9:00am west coast time, so I'm hoping it'll ship out by tomorrow and get here early in the week. I opted not to pay for the expidited shipping. I need to find $70 more now to get some additional RAM.

Anyways, like I said, I'm not big into the I just got a new Mac threads, so I'll cut that short. It's been a great year at Mac rumors, I've learned tons, and got to be a switcher twice! (Purchased an iBook last yearm but had to sell it quickly due to unforseen financial constraints).

Now I'm looking forward to creating my Avatar... ;)

Rob

2. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

so wait, you joined a rumor site on your birthday? and you have taken only/exactly one year to reach 500 posts? wow. what are the odds?

anyway, happy birthday and enjoy your new toy when it arrives. :D

3. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

4. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Congratulations X 3 :D

It took you only one year to reach 500 posts. I guess I should start working harder in order to reach that magical number aswell.

5. mrgreen4242 thread starter macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

Well, kinda ;) I new I was coming up on 500 last week, and I travel for work Monday - Thursday every week, and as I mentioned, I sold my iBook last Fall, so I don't post during the week much. I also knew that I was going to order my new computer today, so when I saw that I was at 499 posts last Sunday, I quit and went to bed... :)

The fact that it was my birthday and my 1 year at MacRumors was all purely coincidental.

Oh, and to make my day even better, I got offered (and accepted) a new job today so I can be home everyday to enjoy my iMac AND get paid about twice as much. Wooo!!

Rob

6. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

7. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Congrats! You'll love the new iMac. Am I correct in understanding this is your first desktop Mac? It's an all-new experience coming from a previous laptop user, lemme assure you! :)

8. SteveC macrumors 6502

Hey, congrats' on the purchase. :D Let us know how you like it when it comes in. Since it's a refurb, I'm interested in hearing about your experience with it when it comes in. I've purchased some refurbished/reconditioned systems and have had great experiences with them (and saved a lot of money). In fact, "a while back" (almost 10 years now) I bought a recond. Macintosh Performa 575 and my mom still uses it to this day! 150 MB HD and 16 or 20 MB of RAM and all... ;)

Funny thought: I have several times more MB of RAM in my current computer than the Performa has in its hard disk. ;)

9. AnewMac macrumors regular

500 posts!!

What a milestone, all the newbies, members, etc. bow before your new fame! Congrats on the new iMac, they are stunning.