Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mudodonbond

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2015
USA
So i decided to get my sister a new computer. She doesn't have a computer and usually uses my dads Macbook Pro 17" from 2006. I feel she should get her own computer but i don't know which one to get. She will use it for games, lots of movies, school, web browsing, and more games. Also add accessories (cases, monitors, speakers, etc.) I just want to get an estimate so i know what the price would be.

chorion

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2014
Europe
A Mac is great for all uses mentioned except games. If modern, graphics-heavy gaming is important, consider a Windows machine instead. Also, would she prefer a notebook or a desktop?

Mudodonbond

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 14, 2015
USA
A Mac is great for all uses mentioned except games. If modern, graphics-heavy gaming is important, consider a Windows machine instead. Also, would she prefer a notebook or a desktop?
She doesn't really play like heavy graphic games. She plays minecraft and Roblox. She's 12 right now but i want this computer to last her at least 5 years. A laptop would be best.

chorion

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2014
Europe
First I would consider if an external monitor is even necessary. If yes, then I suppose it ought to have at least as high resolution as the rMBP's own screen. The Dell U2515H is good value for money and has the same resolution as the rMBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.