New Mac and Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dreadnought, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Hi all,

Just gotten a dual 1.8 G5 and it was some switch from my G3. Anyhow I setup the thing completly and copied my mailboxes from my G3 to my G5, and configured the accounts. I did this by copying the map "Mail" from my G3 users library and pasted it into the users library on my G5. The only thing is Mail isn't stable. Whenever I write an email, and I press send, nothing happens. Also can't save it as a concept. Retrieving email does work! Does anyone what to do or how to setup mail correctly when importing old mailboxes from an other machine?

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

You have to set up your incoming mail and outgoing mail POP3s. Copy the com.apple.Mail.plist from your ~library/Preferences on the G3 any you should be fine.

3. Dreadnought thread starter macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Well, I gaveit a try, but still whenever I am sending an email the program freezes. So do you have any other options?

4. kangaroo macrumors regular

try repairing your disk using the disk utility. mail froze on me the other day and after repairing some permission errors it started working again.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

Re: New Mac and Mail

did that involve an OS change, as well? it's possible that jaguar and panther have different Mail.app file formats/locations.