New Mac Buyer, Need Advice.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Mews, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Mews Guest

Alright, right now I have a Windows PC with 880MHz and 128MB RAM. As you can see, it needs upgrading. >_> I've been checking out the Mac for a few months now, and I think I'm ready to make the leap. However, the problem is that whole Intel dealy.

I have $1300 I can spend on this new Mac I plan to get, and I don't want a laptop. Which narrows it down to Mac mini, eMac, or iMac. I honestly don't know what to pick, although I don't think I'll get the iMac since I'll probably have to upgrade in about 2 years or so after that Intel thing is complete. But I really do not want to wait another year with this computer I have.

Thanks for the help. :D

2. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

throwdown for a loaded mac mini and find some kind of CRT monitor

3. jiv3turkey748 macrumors 6502a

jiv3turkey748

imac its the best computer for the price after the intel thing there will still be ppc support so you wont have to get a new computer

4. macbaseball macrumors 6502a

macbaseball

Yeah I agree. Get an iMac. Those will still be good for most tasks in three to four years. The G5 is the way to go, if you want a computer that will last long past the Intel transition.