New .Mac (M9495Z/A) retail box update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Xenious, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Xenious macrumors 6502a

Thought I would mention that I just recieved a .Mac retail box which matches the updated product id mentioned on thinksecret. As I've never had a .mac subscription before I'm not sure what is different, but from seeing them in stores it looks like the only external change is a big red sticker that says (New for '04).

If anyone is curious about specific changes let me know and I'll answer any questions.
    -jim

2. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

Do you get a box when you purchase .Mac? I never got any :mad: What comes in the box?

3. Xenious thread starter macrumors 6502a

Here's what is in M9495Z/A

One CD (version 2.5) with a .mac activation key
    Two white apple logo stickers
    one .mac getting started guide
    one .mac activating your membership guide

that's it.
    -jim

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Hmmm. I don't remember getting Apple logo stickers - I think mine came with the system, not .Mac. In fact, I agree with abhishekit - I don't think I ever got a box.

Interesting.

5. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

I have the box...

I got .mac 1 year ago and I did get the box with the stickers, a guide and a CD with Virex, Backup and other things I don't remember... gotta love that box...I just renewed and would like to have a new box, but I doubt it :(

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

what im curious to know if apple will put the new blog software that comes with tiger server onto .mac here in the furture.

iJon

7. sir42 macrumors 6502

That's what I'm really hoping for. After paying $99 dollars for .mac, I'd rather not pay for additional blog software. I had thought about using a free software and then linking to my .mac page for photos, but it would be great if it could all be integrated into one seemless utility for .mac. I would imagine a lot of people would enjoy that.

8. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i learned real quick that iblog sucked. so eventually i moved to a new domain and server and got into movable type before they starting their pricing scheme (so i have a full version of mt3 without any restrictions) and been happy since. I only used .mac for photo hosting, but soon ill be moving from that, using php gallery instead.

iJon

9. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

When I got .Mac a year ago (8/2003) it came with 2.0 software and two Apple stickers. I didn't even remember them!
    –Chase