New Mac Mini Comes with iLife 05 install already?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Tuned MP5T, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Tuned MP5T macrumors regular

Just brought a second Mac Mini and notice that there was no iLife 05 in the box. Also that the OS was already upgrade to 10.3.8.

Should I contact Apple about the missing CD?

2. vieoray macrumors regular

yep -- it should be there. but since the latest version of osx is installed, check to see if iLife '05 isnt already installed. seems like they should be shipping it already installed by now.

3. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

since its up to date (10.3.8) it most likely includes iLife '05... therefore, iLife '05 may very well be on the CDs the Mac mini comes with, not on a seperate CD.

4. Tuned MP5T thread starter macrumors regular

5. vieoray macrumors regular

open iPhoto and go to about iPhoto and check out the version number. 4.whatever is iLife '04, 5.whatever is iLife '05.

6. Tuned MP5T thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Yep the Mac Mini's are being shipped with 10.3.8 and iLife05 install already.

7. chan0429 macrumors newbie

Good to know. I wonder if this held up production at all and maybe they'll start shipping them sooner now... just wishful thinking. According to the order status page I've still got 2 weeks left to go...

8. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Me too. I really want to get this thing soon.

9. chan0429 macrumors newbie

What's odd is if you look up Tuned MP5T's other posts it looks like he got a BTO shipped in under a day and with iLife 05 pre-installed!... I wish I could get that kind of service.

10. Tuned MP5T thread starter macrumors regular

Actually went to the Apple store in SoHo to pick up my mini.

11. chan0429 macrumors newbie

How did you get a BTO at an Apple store? Do they do it in larger metro areas?

I'm a bit jealous I've been waiting for a whole two weeks already for the same setup. I keep on checking my e-mail for hopeful "it's been shipped" messages.

12. Tuned MP5T thread starter macrumors regular

They have a Mac Mini called the Ulimate or Ultimo and it comes with everything. Don't know about them only being available at larger metro areas.

13. chan0429 macrumors newbie

At the Mall of America Apple store (in Bloomington, MN a suburb of Minneapolis and St. Paul) there's no such package as Ulimate or Ultimo... Lucky SOHO consumers...

14. Trout74 macrumors 6502

Here in denver at the Mac store on Santa Fe they have tons of Mac Mini's and the also have the Ultimate you speak of, for 873$ and 825$ for Edu. discount. THey also have the two stock versions and the two stock version with 512Meg Ram on them.

FYI
    Trout