new Mac mini's in transit to retailers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sw1tcher, Sep 21, 2005.

1. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
    This is according to ThinkSecret.

"The low-end Mac mini will be upgraded from a 1.25GHz G4 processor to a 1.33GHz G4, while the high-end will see an equally modest bump from 1.42GHz to 1.5GHz. Hard drive capacities are expected to remain the same but will be upgraded from 4,200-rpm drives to 5,400-rpm. The mid-range and high-end models will receive a new AirPort Extreme and Bluetooth module featuring Bluetooth 2.0+EDR. Lastly, the high-end model will see its 4x SuperDrive upgraded to an 8x dual-layer model.

Pricing will remain the same at $499, $599, and $699, sources said."

Now this is what I'd call an update.
  2. RobHague macrumors 6502

Jul 8, 2005
    Getting there.....

Now just update the graphics and id buy one. Infact id recommend one to friends if it was not for the graphics system. Think i would have liked bigger HDD though as opposed to faster hmm :cool:
  3. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    That's just sad.

iBooks and mini's come with BT and AE.

You have to pay for that **** in a PM.

Ass candles.
  4. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I just doesn't make sense, don't you usually add all the extra features to the top of line first?
  5. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    If this rumor pans out, the PM will be the only line without BT and AE standard, aside from the eMac.

Just sad. :mad:
  6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Guess arn had this on Page 2 a couple of days ago, this may get him to update it and bump it to the main page.
  7. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
    A better DVD burner than in the powerbooks o_O

powerbooks really are lacking features compared with the other apple setups. yet i love my powerbook
  8. notheremuch macrumors member

Sep 11, 2005
    I just checked the Applestore's shipping dates and the current models are all 24 hrs. I guess that ends that method of update notification!
  9. clayj macrumors 604

Jan 14, 2005
    visiting from downstream
    No graphics update = no new Mac mini for me...
  10. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

Apr 17, 2005
    but such a long time since their last update. I feel really lucky that i brought one when i did. I still have the most modern powerbook yet i've had it for much longer than average update times suggest! Rev D, a good year for powerbook buyers.

Like the sound of the mini updates, makes it easier to convince my family to switch. One by one...
  11. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

May 15, 2005
    Tacoma WA
    I'm with you all...i'm slowly wanting to convert all my computer gear to apple and I would start with a mini, but that piece o crap video card for a desktop just stops me from even thinking about getting one.

Other then the vid card though, if all that stuff pans out, it'd be a sweet update.