New Mac, New Backpack

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Maverick, Mar 21, 2004.

1. Maverick macrumors member

Aug 19, 2003
    Beaumont, Texas
    I'm finally pulling the trigger tomorrow and ordering a 15-inch, 1.25 GHz Powerbook with 512 MB RAM, 80 gig HD, and Airport Extreme. I am going to be switching from a 5-year old Compaq Presario, 500 MHz Pentium 3 with 184 MB RAM and a 6 gig HD.

First, someone please tell me that my purchased is justified, and I am not going to feel guilty for spending $2000+ dollars on this laptop. I have been looking forward to this switch for a LONG time, and now that I finally have the funds to do so, I don't want to be let down.

Secondly, I'm going to need a sweet new backpack to carry my prized Powerbook around in. :D Not a bag, not a sleeve, but a backpack. It's for graduate school so I wanna have plenty of room to lug my Powerbook around as well as other school supply type things.

Can anyone recommend a cool backpack and possibly assuade my fears by telling me that the 15-inch Powerbook rocks?
  2. krisjon macrumors regular

Feb 29, 2004
    San Diego, CA

They're different as far as backpacks go, but check out
  3. shazammy macrumors member

Mar 22, 2004
    You won't feel let down, but just realize that a better, faster computer will probably come out in three months or so, always happened. Just buy it, and be happy! It's an awesome computer.

I love this backpack. It has a padded laptop slot in the back, and holds EVERYTHING. I've put in several books, scripts, a change of clothes, water bottles, iPod with accessories, school supplies, and everything. You name it and I've put it in this bag. I carry a lot of stuff around and I love this bag.

Good luck!

4. Danrose1977 macrumors regular

My backpack totally rocks, its made by belkin and costs £29.99 in the UK.

Belkin Rucksack

Fits a 12' ibook perfectly... to be 100% sure though take your laptop to the store with you, just to ensure a snug fit.
  5. smeddy macrumors newbie

Mar 22, 2004
    shazammy, what backpack are you referring to?
  6. nargot macrumors regular

Jan 29, 2004
  7. BJNY macrumors regular

Jul 21, 2002
    New York City
    Thread at MacNN
  8. shazammy macrumors member

Mar 22, 2004