new mac owner needs info

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kpro, Apr 7, 2006.

1. kpro macrumors newbie

I have recently jumped ship from a PC to a 12"G4 powerbook. I utterly love it, and so went to ebay to try to get a somewhat inexpensive one for my son. I am looking at a G4 pwerbook, 1.5 gHz with a superdrive. The listing is confusing though, at one point it says that it runs with OS Jaguar, and is 1.25GHz....
    I was wondering when the superdrives came out on the powerbooks (was jaguar running then?), and whether it is likely this machine has the airport extreme. I have tried to email the seller, but no reply as of yet....
    thanks so much (sorry if these questions are really foolish, I am really new to most of this terminology)

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Do you have a link for this auction?

FYI: Anytime you see an Apple computer on ebay, be extra cautious, as many of them end up being scams (especially if the seller is not returning any emails).

3. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Yeah, if they don't reply, I wouldn't even consider it anymore.

4. freiheit macrumors 6502a

Check lowendmac.com

A good place to get info on Mac system specs (as shipped by Apple) is http://lowendmac.com/powerbooks.html. You can also check their "best deals" to see the prices of various models at respected e-tailers.