New mac poker software!

Discussion in 'Games' started by dbirider, Dec 26, 2005.

1. dbirider macrumors member

Full Tilt Poker just released a BETA version of their software which runs on a mac. unlike PokerRoom which only works on safari using java, this is a fully downloadable version of their software.

As an online poker pro that only has a mac i'm really excited about this! I used to have to use virtual PC to run their software, which sucked. Check out announcement on Full Tilt Pokers site here http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/bonusMacBeta.php

Also I wrote a review on my site and include screenshots here http://thepokerbus.com/dbirider/full-tilt-poker-releases-mac-software/ I even have a picture of my poker setup. My desk sucks though :(

2. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Online poker has never interested me that much...I prefer my brand of "late night" poker among close friends and involving very small sums of money. :p

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You have a boomerang though. It can't be all bad. :p

4. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

OMG ... to possibly everyone else on this site this means nothing, but this is the greatest news of the year to me. Full Tilt Poker is one of three apps that makes me keep a Windows machine ... it is by far the best online poker room. Now I can load it on my PB and never get any work done.

5. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Thanks for the good news, I play online and only have a mac as well. Really need to get out of my current place, if there was ever a crooked site I'm on it. Well, no, I've found worse, but still completely unrealistic.

Not to seem rude, but what qualifies you as "an online poker pro"? I would consider a poker pro to be someone that makes most, if not all, of their income playing poker. At the very least they would have to make a huge chunk of it.

6. dbirider thread starter macrumors member

No problem - now that I reread it, it does kind of sound conceded. I bought my car and pay for college with money won on pokerstars over the course of year. You most likely won't see me on the WSOP any time soon though.

I hope other major poker sites like party and pokerstars follow in full tilt's foot steps.

7. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

I tip my hat to you sir, you play for a lot more money than I do :).

I agree, I want more poker sites to open to macs as well. You mentioned pokerstars, I thought it wasn't available for OS X. . . .