Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will there be new Mac Pro computers announced at WWDC 2016?

• Total voters

accentaudio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Kansas City
I'm glad someone finally started a thread about this :D

I wanted to keep mine short, sweet, simple, and to the point. Hoping that people won't get way off track, as I have seen in the other threads. I look at the other threads and by the time I am at the last post it has nothing at all to do with the OP's topic.

Reactions: pat500000

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
Since I'm going, I do hope so!!!! Even if I weren't, I still would, but if not, I'm sure soon enough.. lol for me anyway. Good luck thread.

Jul 4, 2015
Paris
Yes there will be because the pieces are all on place now and Apple can't keep selling that 2013 thing.

But there is also the potential for a rebranded macOS for PCs that will be cost competitive with Windows. Because otherwise Apple is going to be really far behind the VR game when all their official machines are using mobile parts.

Reactions: Chung123

accentaudio

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Kansas City
Yes there will be because the pieces are all on place now and Apple can't keep selling that 2013 thing.

I hope you are correct, but according to my poll so far that is not the consensus.
[doublepost=1462386950][/doublepost]Personally I really like the current MP, I have 2 of them. I kinda hope they don't do a redesign, but instead just give us new GPUs and CPUs, maybe throw in some more and newer ports.
[doublepost=1462388473][/doublepost]This is why it looks promising to me:
WWDC 2013
At 2013's WWDC, Apple unveiled iOS 7, OS X Mavericks, iWork for iCloud, the Mac Pro, and new MacBook Airs.

richmlow

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
I sure hope so! When Apple releases it, I'll be the first in line to purchase an updated Mac Pro. =)

As you can see from my signature, my current computing platform is in great need of an update.

richmlow

So, will there be a new Mac Pro announced at WWDC June 2016?

Reactions: accentaudio

Larry-K

macrumors 68000
Jun 28, 2011
The only question is, if introduced,
will it be so disappointing that it makes the current ones look good, and causes a run on refurbs.

Reactions: bernuli

Larry-K

macrumors 68000
Jun 28, 2011
I sure hope so! When Apple releases it, I'll be the first in line to purchase an updated Mac Pro. =)
Hey, I was in the front of the line last time they released a new MacPro.

As soon as I found out what it actually was, I leaped over the red velvet rope, and went to a movie instead.
[doublepost=1462394467][/doublepost]
That would be interesting, but I cannot imagine that happening if we see new GPUs and CPUs.
New GPUs and CPUs from Apple? That's the unimaginable part, unless they're slower and more expensive.

Happened last time, on Pros and Minis!

Last edited:

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
New GPUs and CPUs from Apple? That's the unimaginable part

Not too hard to imagine, they may put the A10X and M10 in the Mac Pro (which is actually the new iPad Pro without the screen), call it the new Mac Pro mid 2016, running the new MacOS which can only download software from Appstore, and say that's what the real professional need :p

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
Because otherwise Apple is going to be really far behind the VR game when all their official machines are using mobile parts.

i think the train of thought should be more about getting VR mobile as opposed to making stationary computers for VR.

and i'm talking mobile mobile.. not laptop mobile.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
holy moly. 21 people think there won't be a new mac pro? I could understand if this was 2015...but after seeing all these mac pro potential parts being shown on this site and elsewhere....

Larry-K

macrumors 68000
Jun 28, 2011
Not too hard to imagine, they may put the A10X and M10 in the Mac Pro (which is actually the new iPad Pro without the screen), call it the new Mac Pro mid 2016, running the new MacOS which can only download software from Appstore, and say that's what the real professional need :p
Can't wait for the run on refurbs.
[doublepost=1462425771][/doublepost]
Forgive my ignorance, but what is a cMP? I assume "classic"?
Yes, lots of people seem to like that, but I always use oMP, so it's clear that it's the antithesis of the nMP.

"Classic" reminds me of "Coke Classic", when Coca-Cola took a perfectly serviceable, refreshing beverage, and resurrected it as vile, corn syrup laden swill, after the failure of "New" Coke (promoted by Bill Cosby), which, itself was vaguely reminiscent of carbonated sewage plant effluent. It's a regrettable moment in popular culture I tend to avoid.

Jul 4, 2015
Paris
i think the train of thought should be more about getting VR mobile as opposed to making stationary computers for VR.

and i'm talking mobile mobile.. not laptop mobile.
Yes phone based VR will be popular before the desktop based. But if people want that high fidelity 4K look then the marketing of AMD for Polaris is spot on, they want to offer great GPUs at lower cost.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.