New Mac Pro Upgrade Options???

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by mac4evan, Oct 24, 2006.

1. mac4evan macrumors member

Oct 24, 2006
    Is this new or just to me but on Apples site you can now put up to 3 TB of space in the mac pro.

Not that I didn't think that was possible but isn't it new to have the option from Apple directly.
  2. TheFuzz macrumors regular

Aug 18, 2006
    yep, that's new, and the 750gb drives are only $200 more than newegg.
  3. mac4evan thread starter macrumors member

Oct 24, 2006
    Yeah i thought that was new.

Something new to tell customers at the Apple Store.:rolleyes:
  4. Danksi macrumors 68000

Oct 3, 2005
    Nelson, BC. Canada
    Yes, that's new and welcome. Previously it suggested a limit of 2Tb.
  5. twoodcc macrumors P6

Feb 3, 2005
    Right side of wrong
  6. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Some of the prices are also slightly cheaper. :)
  7. Willis macrumors 68020

Apr 23, 2006
    What feels like the middle of nowhere
    I think Apple has done a complete refresh on BTO upgrade pricing on all the products.

Not such a wasted day on C2D afterall :p

EDIT: Up to 3TB storage
    Install up to four 500GB hard drives in four independent, 3Gb-per-second Serial ATA drive bays using a new cable-free, direct-attach system.

Apple still cant get it right. lol
  8. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

Aug 30, 2006
    Apart from the 750Gb drives, all the prices look the same to me on the UK Applestore.

9. hollerz macrumors 6502a

Sep 13, 2006
    Durham, UK

lol thats good, seeing as though i just recieved my mac pro today! :D
  10. dkoralek macrumors 6502

Sep 12, 2006
    Strangely, something changed slightly for me. I configured a macpro on the apple education store (US) (moved to 2 gig ram, airport, bluetooth, wireless keyboard/mouse from the base configuration) and the price dropped by a whopping $2 from before the updates. I can't figure out where the $2 came from since none of the prices seemed to change (must be the wifi/bluetooth option or keyboard since they are the only prices that don't end in $9 amounts, iirc). not quite the configuration I ended up with, though (moved to a 500 GB disk in the first bay). Seems like the educational discount applies to certain options as well, since the discount is more than $200, which I believe is the discount off of the base configuration.

11. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

Apr 19, 2005
    As I just ordered my MP ... I can tell you that the upgrade to 2gb of ram was $1 cheaper, now $239 as opposed to $240. Also the X1900XT is $1 cheaper, now $199 rather than $200 (ADC discount... student store and normal store will be different)

So $1 is likely the ram, and the other is likely the BT/AE modules. I think that was $64 for me on the ADC store, but is now $63 or something like that. I skipped on those because of the issues I've been hearing about range. They're of no use to me if I have a router in the same room and BT on my PowerBook and have no need for wireless KB/Mouse