New Mac Product

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ziggadabuzz, Aug 3, 2006.

1. ziggadabuzz macrumors newbie

Jul 22, 2006
    We all know that Apple makes the best computers there are. I think they should also start making cell phones. Not necessarily provide the service like Verizon or Sprint, but just make phones like LG or Samsung. I'd be willing to bet anything that Apple could come out with a phone much cooler than the Razor or whatever else is out right now.
  2. freestyleguy128 macrumors regular

Jun 29, 2006
    iPhone...look it up under peripherals and iPod forums
  3. bwanac macrumors regular

Mar 27, 2006
    Im hoping a phone is in the works that works well as an mp3 player... all it needs to beat the competition is a longer lasting battery.
  4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

Aug 30, 2003
    Peter Oppenheimer did address the Apple plans for telephony at the last quarterly conference call. "We're not", he said. He was quite emphatic about "sitting around doing nothing". Earlier, he said "As regards cell phones, we don't think that the phones that are available today make the best music players. We think the iPod is." So clearly, the Apple plan is for customers to pretend that they can talk to friends on their iPods.
  5. Sesshi macrumors G3

Jun 3, 2006
    One Nation Under Gordon
    Perhaps they'll go halfway and incorporate bluetooth handsfree to pair with 'certain carefully selected' phones.
  6. ^squirrel^ macrumors 6502a

Apr 4, 2006
    Hey i make some pretty good systems as well! :)

Yeah would be cool if and when the do release some kind of iPod phone. I'm sure they would race to the top of the mobile market!