New Mac site ideas

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc. Rumors' started by kishba, Dec 29, 2001.

1. kishba macrumors 6502a

kishba

I don't know exactly where to post this but here goes.

It seems like new Apple related sites are popping up every day now. I'd like to start one myself but I don't know what to focus on. There are a bunch of new iPod sites and too many rumor sites. Any ideas?

If you would like to help me in my endeavor *please* let me know!

---------------
    867mhz G4 (w/1.5 gig RAM)
    17" Apple Studio LCD
    iPod

2. puffmarvin macrumors member

an idea...

how about a site with all sorts of user tips and tricks. you could have a new one everyday. for example, i would love to know how to have my ti-book get my email, news, and weather for me just before i wake up... i havent been able to accomplish this yet even with programs such as quickeys... i wouldnt mind helping with the site either...get in touch =)

3. kishba thread starter macrumors 6502a

kishba

Sounds like a great idea and I'd love to make it. The only thing that could possibly be a problem is my lack of tips :(

Keep the ideas rolling

4. puffmarvin macrumors member

hmmm

users would send in tips of their own... everyone has something good to offer... well most everyone.

5. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

PHP

You could PHP and / or CGI to allow it to auto update.

I will submit loads of tips if you get a site running.

Guy

6. groov' macrumors regular

apple is the fruit of thinking

<I>It seems like new Apple related sites are popping up every day now. I'd like to start one myself but I don't know what to focus on. There are a bunch of new iPod sites and too many rumor sites. Any ideas?</I>

What about:

- another windowbashing site
    - a Steve Jobs Hall of Fame
    - a site that sells all kind of apple-products to hardcore applefans, like applejuice, applecider, applewine, applepie etc.
    - a trade union for apple journalists
    - a simple site for apple newbies
    - a database for new apple ideas (which are now scattered all over the rumorsites)((Maybe you get payed by apple after a while))
    - a museum (mausoleum) for obsolete appleproducts

7. kishba thread starter macrumors 6502a

kishba

I think I would really like to make an Apple Suggestion web site where users could give their opinions and advice to Apple.

In fact I'm gonna make it. I currently own a domain name that's hosted on Dell that gives me ColdFusion. I will make the site their for now-- http://www.kishba.com

If you guys know of any cheap web site hosting companies (with CF or PHP) please let me know.

Thanks for all the help and I will try to keep you guys up to date on my progress. If you want to help let me know :)