New Mac User Iphoto Question

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nicolle19, Jan 10, 2007.

1. nicolle19 macrumors member

I have had an iMac for a week now and love it. I have just now starting messing with getting my pictures in order. When I save the pictures I put them into a photo album, but when I try to find(to copy and paste on website) that picture its not in the finder, application,picture, iphoto library just a bunch of other files. What is the best way to store pictures and be able to find them fast.

2. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Easiest way is to forget creating albums but turn on View by Film Roll and name your rolls.

Then when you're looking for a picture to upload, you can go to Pictures>iPhoto Library>Originals and you'll find all your pics with a folder for each 'roll'. Just don't delete them from there or edit them from there - do all that through iPhoto.

Alternatively, just drag the image out of iPhoto onto your desktop or your FTP app and let it upload from there

3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

That's one way but I find it easier to make albums by categories. If you don't have a massive number of photos, just select Photo Library. In either case Applespider's suggestion to just drag them to the desktop is the easiest.

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Isn't that most easily done using keywords for the categories and smart albums?

B