New Mac user needs help with iTunes!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by greenerthan@hot, Jul 10, 2005.

1. greenerthan@hot macrumors newbie

I just bought my first Mac G5 yesterday and am eager to get all of my music off of my iPod onto the mac. I'm afraid if I plug the iPod into my mac it'll automatically update it (with the currently empty library) and all of my songs will my stuck on the old PC and not on my iPod. How do copy the music to the library?
    Thanks a lot! :)

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

3. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

use this

use this prog, it copys all of your ipod songs to your comp. You use it when you send in your pod for service or something so you dont lose all of your music, you just get it back and update and bam...so dl this prog its called "senuti" and it will take all of the stuff off your ipod and put it as files on your comp....then you start up itunes, add all the files into your library, and your set!
    http://wbyoung.ambitiouslemon.com/senuti/ (icase you didnt' see the above link)

4. greenerthan@hot thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Alright, that link to the Apple article is EXACTLY what I needed. Thanks so much for the replies.

5. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Senuti is the best program to copy music from the ipod to the mac. The instructions on the apple website take too many steps in my opinion.