New Mac User (thumbnails in Finder)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Halligan, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Halligan macrumors newbie

Feb 4, 2007
    Washington, DC
    I'm into week two of being a Mac user. I just bought a MacBook, my first Apple since an Apple IIe ever so long ago.

I'm more than pleased with it, and keep finding new reasons to like it more.

....why aren't my pictures (so easy to take) displayed as thumbnails in Finder?

erm, whenever I looked at a picture in that other OS, i could easily choose between thumbs and details.
  2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

Jan 10, 2006
    Set your finder window to 'column view' and the preview should appear.
  3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    In Finder, choose View -> as Icons and then View menu -> Show View Options (cmd-J) and check Show icon preview (and Show item info, which is quite useful, too).

Not that the Desktop is special, and if you do this for all windows the Desktop stays unaffected, and visa versa.
  4. clevin macrumors G3

Aug 6, 2006
    it can be set as thumbnails, but really not as convenience as windows or linux (in OSX, the default thumbnail size is very tiny, and the size of thumbnail is fixed with the size of other icons, e.g. folders, so whenever u increase the thumbnail size to a comfortable number, ur folder size become huge and weird.).

however, I found the app "phoenix slides" to be perfect for thumbnail view of pics, which is super fast.