New Macbook Air already out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by veth, Sep 10, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

So I was just on Apple website looking at macbbok air for wife and it has USB 3 and all the seemingly new bells & whistles except retina display. Went to Apple store and a "New" moniker is by MBA image on main page. Just How "New" are these models or should I wait for the supossed retina MBA?

I hate how that New moniker seems to be there for awhile on their products.

Thanks,
    veth

2. macrumors regular

The version you are looking at came out in June 2012. It is the newest one though!

3. macrumors newbie

re: New MBA

The new MBA's just came out in July so they are not due for a refresh for a long time. I love mine.

Cheers

4. macrumors regular

It isn't very likely that Apple will release a Retina MBA. However, there are rumors for a Retina MBP 13 inch.

The "New" logo you see is referring to the summer 2012 release of the MBA.

5. macrumors P6

Weaselboy

The current Macbook Air models were released June 11, 2012. Based on recent rumors, I don't think you are going to see a Macbook Air Retina soon, but rather a 13" MacBook Pro Retina... which seems imminent.

6. macrumors 6502

mzjin

The Air was "out" or updated months ago.

7. macrumors 6502a

It's safe to say the MBA line will get the retina displays. The only question is will it be in the next refresh or the refresh after....

8. macrumors newbie

Or in other words, next summer or the summer after that.

9. macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

For perspective....

Apple had "The new Macbook Pro" advertised on their website until mid-day June 11, 2012.

Apple then went on to update the Macbook Pro and release the MBP with Retina display mid-day, June 11th, at which time they started advertising "The new Macbook Pro", which was actually a different model than "The new Macbook Pro" which was listed earlier that day.

10. macrumors regular

mertyz

MacBook Air will get a retina display when Apple merge their Pro and Air lines which I presume will happen in 2014.