1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

New MacBook Air: Gift Inside

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jun 17, 2009.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors G5

jav6454

A nice little tidbit. Apple Remote can wait for me.

3. macrumors newbie

A welcome little addition.

What's in the box

That Rev C just keeps getting more tempting...

Tif

4. macrumors newbie

ajcfreak

Apple Remote doesn't make sense

I've always felt that the Apple Remote doesn't make sense in a portable computer - I mean, you're sitting right at it. I agree, it's pretty cool and easy to navigate et al... but the USB ethernet adapter is sure a goodie.

Why isn't Apple making more noise about this nice gesture from their side? I wonder.

5. macrumors newbie

Maybe because it should have a built in NIC

6. macrumors G3

Kilamite

You're quite narrow minded..

How about hooking it up to a tele, a bigger monitor, or just playing music and wanting to skip a song while you do something.

7. macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Quick Tunes is a way easier - and free - utility to do just that. I love it. Besides that, don't all new Apple notebooks have media keys?

8. macrumors 65816

aaquib

Yes they do, but if your notebook is hooked up to a larger display, you'd be sitting further back. Why go through all the hassle of getting up and using the media keys if you could have a simple remote to do it while on your couch?

9. macrumors 68040

elppa

Is it gigabit ethernet like the rest of the line, or slower?

10. macrumors G3

Kilamite

I meant if you were across the room.

11. macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Its not gigabit. USB only supports up to 480mbps so i am guessing its 100mbps ethernet.

12. macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

I would have preferred a MiniDP-VGA or DVI adapter, but meh.

13. macrumors 68020

niuniu

I have a remote, used it once then put in a drawer to never be seen again..

14. macrumors member

What we have here is another epic logical fail. Because you, as an individual, or you, as a member of a small community, want part A or B, you reason that Apple should do it. However, that makes zero business sense. Can you imagine how 90% of Air users would feel if they got a remote with their computer? They'd look at it and say, "Well, uhm, ok, that's nice, I think." The vast majority of the target audience doesn't need a remote. Case closed.

15. macrumors regular

Love the Remote

I love using the Apple Remote, works great for Keynotes and Powerpoints. I do lots of training and play training videos from my MacBook. I can pause and start from anywhere in the classroom!

Jeff

16. macrumors regular

I use the apple remote that came with my mini for powerpoint presentations when teaching with my macbook. its easier than holding a mouse

17. macrumors G5

nagromme

The Apple Remote is great--and it works with EyeTV (and now even Hulu) too!

It's one reason I got an iMac instead of a Mac Pro, in fact.

And I do use it with my Air as well, when running media to a TV (rare) or when playing music (common).

18. macrumors 604

QuarterSwede

Download Hulu Desktop and you'll love the remote.

19. macrumors 6502a

windywoo

What we have here is another epic logical fail. This poster assumes, without doing any survey or even asking a few Air users what they think, that he knows the opinions of 90% of Air users.