Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tk26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Im contemplating buying a macbook and was just wondering if there were any plans or rumours for a new macbook before like Sept? The reason im wondering is cause im not sure whether i should get it now for school or wait till next year.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Im contemplating buying a macbook and was just wondering if there were any plans or rumours for a new macbook before like Sept? The reason im wondering is cause im not sure whether i should get it now for school or wait till next year.

Haven't done a quick search?

We should definitely see a new MacBook before then. But the current ones are awesome so you've still got that choice to make.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Haven't done a quick search?

We should definitely see a new MacBook before then. But the current ones are awesome so you've still got that choice to make.

New ones? I wouldn't expect much more than a speed bump. Penryn isn't coming out til the end of this year. The only other possibility would be Santa Rosa, which actually would make a lot of sense in the MacBook. So I take that back... if you want to wait til September god bless america.

tk26

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
ya i dont think i will cause either cause for the things im going to be using it for it'll be perfect.

kill-your-tv

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2007
U.S.A.
Struggled with this. I was upgrading from an ibook to Mackbook Pro. Waited till C2D. Any time frame from most people is generally speculation. There are a few articles around the net that show "Product cycles". If your current machine can keep up with you hang out for awhile. If you need a machine now buy one. The real question you have to ask yourself is wether you NEED or WANT a new machine. Hope that hepls-:cool:

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
Well we have some strong rumors that WWDC will see Leopard being released.

What will probably happen is Apple will unveil new MBPs/MBs around May and start a count down for Leopard (you will get a free upgrade if you purchase after the next upgrade's release date has been announced).

It will probably be Apple's excuse to scrimp on the displays on the laptops for one more revision since the Macs released then still do not have Leopard preloaded.

That's my prediction, you heard it here first.

Grakkle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2006
Earth
I'm not waiting.

Why wait when you almost have enough saved from quitting for the MacBook?;)

Yes, there will most likely be some sort of upgrade or reconfiguration, but not likely a huge one and the current C2D lineup is quite nice.

I wouldn't wait myself - except perhaps for Leopard, since its release is coming soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.