New Macbook at best buy

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JLEW700, Oct 11, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

I know theres a couple of people on here that either work at bestbuy or that have friends that work at best buy and im just wondering if theyve gotten any boxes or even any word as to when they will get there new macbooks. This article: http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2008/10/dont_buy_a_mac_laptop.html says that apple stores are getting boxes that they cant open till the 14th , i was wondering if the same was happening at best buy? Will bestbuy get the macbooks the same day as apple stores?

2. macrumors 65816

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple Stores got first dibs. It's possible Best Buy could get them on the same day. Good to hear store are getting them in stock. Means they will be available the day of the announcement.

3. macrumors 6502a

Samarium

There is no information at all about that right now. You should change the thread name to something like: Do anyone working in Best Buy has any info yet?

4. macrumors regular

i work at best buy, but nothing came in yesterday or the day before. We have an apple rep who said that in feb. when they updated the Pro a truck came in with a whole mess of them an hour later though, so that could be something.

5. macrumors member

Good to know they're already shipping them to the Apple stores

6. macrumors 68040

Daveway

BestBuy hasn't gotten anything that I can see and our stock is pretty healthy considering there's an even coming soon (and we move plenty
    ).

7. macrumors 6502

You should change your sentance to: Does anybody who works for bestbuy have any information yet?

8. macrumors 6502a

Samarium

bestbuy? no. YOU should change that sentence to: Does anybody who works for Best Buy have any information yet?

Why do everyone acts like a prick when you're trying to help them.

9. KC2
    macrumors regular

This thread is ridiculous. There are too many of these misleading threads around new-product season.

If the new iPod touch/Nano release a month ago is any indication, neither my local Best Buy nor Target in Atlanta had the new products out the next day (Wednesday, I would assume).

10. macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I would never buy a laptop from Best Buy. Actually, I wouldn't buy anything at BB. They are too big to give a **** about your business. I say this because they F**ked me on my iPod that was under their Protection Plan.
    The staff there are clueless and their Geek Squad Protection Plans are a rip off.

11. macrumors 6502

Bestbuy has no interest for 18 months, so if you don't have the cash it's a good deal. Also I would never get any sort of protection plan threw them. I'm gonna get my protection plan threw squaertrade and also state farm.

12. macrumors 6502

Jpoon

Yeah the title to this thread is a bit misleading..

13. macrumors 6502

It's marketing

14. macrumors 6502

blurredline

Most Best Buy stores get their trucks Mondays and Fridays. The Apple event is on a Tuesday. If they're lucky Best Buy will get them on the Friday, but judging by the past, BB will get the new Macbooks 1-4 weeks after the Apple Store's do.

15. macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

This deal is only good if you can pay it in full within the no interest period. Otherwise, you are charged 20% or more in interest from the day of purchase.

16. macrumors 68030

panzer06

That's why you pay it before the no interest period expires. (Of course they count on a high percentage of folks not doing so)

17. macrumors demi-god

alphaod

For all we know those boxes could be iLife '09 :p

18. macrumors 6502

Open a box of iLife '09 the same day as the apple event for notebooks? I would assume people on this forum are smart enough to put two and two together

19. macrumors 6502

kobefan234

my cousin is the manager at the Vallejo bb I will ask him if he knows anything$!

20. macrumors regular

Its through not threw. The protection plan is for failure and not theft and I don't believe that Statefarm or Squaretrade offers any sort of protection other than theft or acts of nature.

(I am not spelling police but damn, simple syntax)

21. macrumors 6502a

Couple of reasons.

1. It's the internet.
    2. The boards not moderated.
    3. Plently of kids/adults with a juvenile mindset who get a kick out of it.

22. macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

What, these? Think the heck again.

23. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

What?

The only reason I let the OP live is because the mods told me not to kill n00bs who start threads with misleading titles again.

24. macrumors newbie

I talked to BestBuy on Friday

I spoke with a computer sales rep at the Best Buy in Wilmington, DE and she said that the next shipment they were scheduled to get was Tuesday (general shipment, not Apple specific) but that if the new notebooks were similar to when the Macbook Air was introduced, Best Buy did not get them until 1 to 3 months after the Apple stores had them. Same for new iPhone. Sucks since I have a $800 BB gift card I was going to use to buy the new MBP.:mad:

25. macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

+1

When I worked at Best Buy up until last year, I do remember that when the MacBooks were refreshed I remember a truck as well came and delivered them the same day they were available online from Apple. Remembering correctly though it was an afternoon delivery that we were not allowed to display until the following morning. So I would imagine within a day or two Best Buy should have them.