new macbook c2d, any must have software?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adamc, Nov 22, 2006.

1. adamc macrumors newbie

Nov 22, 2006
    Hi Everyone,

This is my 1sp post here. I've just bought a 2ghz c2d white macbook for my wife, we picked it up last night and she loves it.

My question is, given that we are both Windows users (I have some linux servers too) are there any 'must haves' as far as software goes?

Specifically, I'm looking for free or cheap SW, i'm feeling quite broke now.

I've installed MSN messenger, Firefox, Thunderbird and Open Office already.

2. Graeme A macrumors 6502

Graeme A

Aug 6, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
  3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

Jun 17, 2005
    Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I was actually thinking about starting a thread like this,

Apps for Notebooks. Yes there are a ton of threads about peoples fav apps, but what about specific apps for notebooks..? is there a thread for that ?
  4. adamc thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 22, 2006
    Thanks for the info Graeme, I'll go through the links with my wife tonight.

quigleybc, I was actually looking for just general 'must have' software for it, not necessarily just for a notebook but definitely including it, you know like a speedo (CPU and RAM gauges), temp gauge etc

My wife loves her new Macbook, she keeps saying how nice it is and how well it all works together
  5. weldon macrumors 6502a

May 22, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Definitely check out Quicksilver, which will appear in several of those threads about favorite apps. It's great on a laptop because you can use more keyboard shortcuts instead of going to the mouse/trackpad all the time in OSX. It's very handy if you get into the advanced features as well.