New Macbook Dead Pixel

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Roy Hobbs, May 19, 2006.

1. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Apr 29, 2005
    My brand new 1 hour old Macbook has one red dead pixel. Its right on the gray bar at the top of the screen. Very noticable but not noticable in Front Row.

It appears to be the only dead pixel....should I bother tkaing it back??
    WIll the apple store even it take it back?

This is irritating :mad:
  2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    Give it a gentle massage with a clean soft cloth, you may be able to fix it. gentle pressure.
  3. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2005
    Try the gentle massage, if that doesn't work there is a quicktime video called Pixel Blaster thats suppose to blow these dead pixels away, i'm sure you can find the download with a search or someone may give you the link in this thread...

4. Roy Hobbs thread starter macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Apr 29, 2005

Can't seem to find it?? Anyone have a link?
    and WOW this macbook runs hot
  5. MacBookDJ macrumors newbie

May 6, 2006
    San Francisco
    Can you gently massage the new glossy screens, or do they have a hard finish?
  6. Roy Hobbs thread starter macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Apr 29, 2005
    I tried but it didnt seem to work.
    Any other idea or links to "Pixel Blaster"
  7. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Aug 4, 2005
    Pixel Murder is --> Here. I think your suppose to leave that movie on over the dead pixel for a couple of hours, overnight i think. Good luck man. I tried this on one of my friends new Intel iMac and it did'nt work. I would try to return it for some other defect, but dont say it's a dead pixel. From my understand they wont return it.
  8. Roy Hobbs thread starter macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Apr 29, 2005
    Thanks alot!
    This thing maybe going back for more than the dead is running very HOT. Much hotter than my Powerbook
  9. sk1985 macrumors regular

Jan 13, 2006
    If it's a dead pixel NOTHING CAN FIX IT (rubbing might work)!!! If it's a stuck pixel then that quicktime movie stated could work.
  10. Josias macrumors 68000

Mar 10, 2006
    It is not dead since the pixel is active during FrontRow. It's just stuck. I dunno where this pixel dude movie is, but I'm sure you can find it...
  11. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    If its dead it would be black. You say its red, therefore I assume it's stuck.

I hate it when you get a dead pixel. I returned an ACD because of 1 dead pixel, just took a hell of a lot of moaning to Customer Services before they would replace it - it's not usual policy unless theres a good cluster of them...
  12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    How does this fix stuck pixels if only the middle of the screen sees the flashing movie? :confused:
  13. Lau Guest

You move it to the bit of the screen with the dodgy pixel...
  14. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

Jan 24, 2006
    Ah, the wonders of cursors and... computer life. :).