New Macbook iSight issues?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by axe7186, Jul 8, 2006.

1. axe7186 macrumors newbie

Just got my new Blackbook, and I have a few questions.

When going through the welcome/start up process, the picture for the account page came up, however when I went to go use the isight the screen was blank. Thats OK I continued on and finished everything with all the updates, however now the isight doesn't show a a picture. The effects all just have a colored screen now a picture. How do I remedy this.

The green isight light is on, so the camera should be on, or is this just a mistake.

Thank you for any help!

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

3. eidrunner247 macrumors 6502

agreed, the Applestore people will be able to help you out. It might be something simple, but I wouldn't be surprised if you have to send it in.

4. axe7186 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, but is seems after I did a OSX re install and played around with Front Row for a while, the isight green light when off & everything started to work! So I didn't have to return it.

On the down side it seems my Macbook has developed the moo, but it isn't as pronounced as I thought it would be & because I always have iTunes running when I am on it I don't notice it.

BTY my Macbook was delivered Yesterday & yas a BTO model w/ express shipping (left China on Thursday & they tried to deliver it on Friday but the delivered to the wrong place) so it should be the latest model.